• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deleting abilties = WE crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hello,
i have a strange problem with some custom created abilties in map. when i try to delete them in the object editor the following message appears:

This application has encountered a critical error:

There is not enough space for this operation.

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\worldedit121.exe
Object: CustomObjectField (.?AUCustomObjectField@@)

Press OK to terminate the application.

some points from me:
1. it appears only on a few abilities and only abilities
2. reinstalling doesn't help
3. crashes with normal we and newgen we
4. tried on different pcs with xp or vista
5. every pc has enough space and RAM
6. I noticed is that the worldedit121.exe is created due to this error if i delete it and then go back to the editor it creates a new exe upon crashing.
7. i found a old thread on hive with the same error but no solution and the thread is closed (in the other thread the error occurs while map loading)

Level 6
the abilties are just edited basic spells from the game.
one abilitie that crashes is based on bloodlust, another one on channel and on spellbook.
other abilities based on this spells can be deleted without crashes.

i also tried to reset them to standard first and then delete but still the same result with the crit error.

Level 22
Have you tried exporting the object data, then importing it on a new map? Sometimes even using things like WEU or other advance programs may make a map have such strange behavior. I don't wanna kill your hope but if the object data works on a new map, you may want to create a new map importing object data, triggs and everything.

See if the object data works on a new map. It's quite possible something to have been damaged if you use other progs. That's why I hate 3rd parties and would rather stick to what Blizzard offers when it comes to such major modifications.

Level 6
the map isn't protected. and the abilities where created with normal editor or newgen editor so the error can occure for both.
when i copy the data to a new map i can delete the abilities which crash on the original map.

yeah so i think the problem is within the map but i think it's also something with this worldedit121.exe that is always created.

and the error occurs in the editor not in the game. ingame it's all fine.

Level 3
If i use JNGP then the process name of WE is always worledit121.exe in the process list while the actual editor is 1.24b.

Level 6
worldedit121.exe

The error is saying you are using 1.21 version of WE. This is your problem, next time when you patch your Warcraft don't use Version Switchers.

Next time when you have error with your warcraft read it and think about things that it's saying.

Have fun

always look for yourself and read the whole thread before blaming others ...

i don't use any version switchers. i tried it with normal editor and newgen editor. i reinstalled warcraft 3 and patched with battle.net. the error is in both editors the same.
and i have 2 worldedit.exe in my wc3 folder. the normal one without any number and the one with 121 that is always created upon crashing. i can delete the 121 one without problems but if the error comes again the exe is recreated.

and the error mainly says there is not enough space. but that can not be the reason.

Level 14
Sorry if i pull this thread back, but anyone here find a way to remove it? I'm facing with similar problem here. Try making a custom spell based on Blizzard (Neutral Hostile), then get the error if delete that ability. Is this ability corrupted from the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.