• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defense of the LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
LoL is much more balanced and more competitive in my opinion (Haters gonna hate, but pudge pull range isn't even funny for instance). LoL is more dependable on the team than on individuals. In DotA, one man can get fed and easy carry anyone, regardless of the rest of the team. Some people might like that more, I for one do not.

Level 24
LoL is only as balanced as it needs to be for people to keep playing it I would hardly call it balanced, if we compare pvp only over moba games than yes lol could be considered somewhat balanced if I however would compare it with pvp in MMO's I would call it unbalanced as hell.

And despite what Vunjo says one player can easily carry a team if he/she gets fed for instance I have myself managed to quadra kill with ashe in a melee fight in ranked games. (Granted this was an extreme scenario but a team could still easily get carried by someone who's fed.)

And also ofcourse we have the comunity which is the worst of all games I've ever seen.

Vunjo

Level 14
LoL is only as balanced as it needs to be for people to keep playing it I would hardly call it balanced, if we compare pvp only over moba games than yes lol could be considered somewhat balanced if I however would compare it with pvp in MMO's I would call it unbalanced as hell.

And despite what Vunjo says one player can easily carry a team if he/she gets fed for instance I have myself managed to quadra kill with ashe in a melee fight in ranked games. (Granted this was an extreme scenario but a team could still easily get carried by someone who's fed.)

And also ofcourse we have the comunity which is the worst of all games I've ever seen.

Firstly, I agree on the community. It is truly horrible. However, I'd rather /ignore the random players, than have leavers in DotA. I wasn't playing much of DotA 2, but I was non stop playing DotA map when I was younger. Leavers were everywhere, and I hoped they'd fix it with DotA 2. I was really sad once I saw that the leavers are still there, even though I played about 6 games of it overall...

Quadra kill with Ashe? Well, depends on the enemy team composition and their skill. You were either so fed that your crit dealt 33% of their health, which does not happen in high level plays, or they did not have enough CC to counter you. Not to mention, as Ashe, you're extremely squishy (If we're talking about meta ranged adc, which are indeed squishy), and a proper assassin (Not someone with The Black Cleaver, which stacks armor reduction, but Last Whisper which immediately increases damage dealt) can burst you down with no problem. To sum it up, you were most likely 20/0 or so, in other words Gold player or less (Excuse me if this is offensive, but tell me if I'm wrong), because high level players simply won't allow you to get fed so much.
In the end, the enemies were either bad, they didn't have enough CC, or enough damage. I'm not saying that you're not good, you could be a really good player, but I don't have enough information to judge it.

You said that MMOs are balanced, so I assume you've played dozen of them. Now I'm not going to talk about other unpopular MMOs, but I can't really call Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft (WoTLK) balanced. In WoW, you have to actually farm to acquire the gear, and that's no easy farm, to get a complete full gear you'd need weeks, even months. If you need to spend a huge part of life farming for the gear, it's not competitive PvP, thus it's not balanced. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand does not require lots of farming, which is a good point, and allows the game to be somewhat balanced. However, there are classes which are utterly useless against certain type of enemies, on in general, high level players.

On the other hand, Moba should not be compared to an MMO. And knowing HoN, DotA, and LoL, I'm pretty much sure LoL is by far the most balanced of those.

Level 24
Ofcourse you can carry the team in LoL I agree you're never going to 1 v 5 the hostile team but if you can take out two or three on your own that's enough to be able to carry the team since you can easily pick them of one at the time.

Level 6
Ok while playing in LoL i observed this..

Community is harsh.. and a bit idiots damn... i told them GO BACK I CANT ASSIST NO HEALTH! but then the other player try to kill the target with 50% health but the player died then my whole team screaming.. "YOUR A NOOB, YOU CAN'T ASSIST! NOOB!

Damn are they idiots?.. did they did not think that my health can be one shot by Miss Fortune even it has a 20% health?.. the same..

I think you must not accuse the MoBA Community. DoTA and LoL has the same, the differences is i think on the country. Cause there are DoTA friendly community the same as LoL and vice versa.. damn Filipino Players in LoL are harsh..

EDIT: Also there are quitters too! in LoL

Level 24

Community is harsh.. and a bit idiots damn... i told them GO BACK I CANT ASSIST NO HEALTH! but then the other player try to kill the target with 50% health but the player died then my whole team screaming.. "YOUR A NOOB, YOU CAN'T ASSIST! NOOB!

Damn are they idiots?.. did they did not think that my health can be one shot by Miss Fortune even it has a 20% health?.. the same..

I think you must not accuse the MoBA Community. DoTA and LoL has the same, the differences is i think on the country. Cause there are DoTA friendly community the same as LoL and vice versa.. damn Filipino Players in LoL are harsh..

I was not in the game so I shall not say who were and weren't doing wrong but there are a lot of in LoL that are doing a lot of things wrong and blaming others for their mistake. If you want a friendly community my best suggestion is that you find a guild in an MMORPG since games like WoW seems to breed friendship rather than hostility.

Vunjo

Level 14
MMOs might have friendly community, but in my opinion the friendship you build there is either from farming, or achieving something in it. Creative games, such as Minecraft, usually have the friendliest communities, hence the game itself is quite calm, and offers lots of possibilities.

Level 24
LoL has no plan to improve their graphics like on DoTA 2?..

Graphics has never really bothered me since I care much more about gameplay mechanics so I would much rather see more types of maps rather than improved graphics. And finally even though this has been asked for frequently since 2009 they finally decided to make aram.

Vunjo

Level 14
I see no difference in communities in LoL and DotA. Both are horrible. LoL players are simply offensive and mean, DotA players are slight less than that but leave more frequently. On the other hand, when it comes to question which game is more childish, I'd indeed say that LoL has much worse graphics than DotA, the cartoon shader makes it "for kids" in every way. But I agree with Razosh, it's the mechanics that matter, not graphics.

Level 6
Its bothering me that i can't choose all hereos but on the available heroes only. Also sometimes i am confused on the hero cause 2 teams can have the same.

I think the LoL is not a noob friendly because expert players can upgrade their masteries and runes which makes it that a player who has more masteries and runes can kill players easily and make a sure win.

Even though your team has cooperation and your enemy has not but your enemy has more runes and masteries you can't win to them.

Its kinda more TIME SPENT is better.Which is not good.

(Not mean to offense LoL players)

Level 7
Its bothering me that i can't choose all hereos but on the available heroes only. Also sometimes i am confused on the hero cause 2 teams can have the same.

I think the LoL is not a noob friendly because expert players can upgrade their masteries and runes which makes it that a player who has more masteries and runes can kill players easily and make a sure win.

Even though your team has cooperation and your enemy has not but your enemy has more runes and masteries you can't win to them.

Its kinda more TIME SPENT is better.Which is not good.

(Not mean to offense LoL players)

At 30lvl though it becomes way more balanced

Level 17
Another LoL vs Hon Vs Dota thread. Sigh really troll threads shouldn't exist.

Anyway here is my presumptions I have made from my experience between LoL and Dota2 (I have never played Hon)
Dota2= A half bit but more user friendly version of Dota1.

LoL Focuses on team skill and individual skill, it is a low risk low reward system. Most spells have low CD's and are spammable meaning that, stun chains and combos become easier to pull of and big impact spells become less risky. You will always have at least a few handy spells of CD in case of a fight. Wards are of lower usage and meaning. Brush adds some varied ganking and juking mechanics.
LoL focuses more on attrition than one huge push. Also most items are passives. The idea of spell power etc means your abilities scale throughout the game and therefore most heroes are useful through out.

Dota2. Heavilly team oriented. Individual skill is almost meaningless in comparison. It is almost purely on co-ordination. High CD spells create a sense of risk. Also high mana consumption of some heroes mean management becomes a key factor early game.
Generally while in LoL early game is filled with Ricing with a jungler and sometime ganks, Dota2 is filled with high pressure situations as Tri-lanes with aggressive line ups (Multiple sutns). In Dota2 there is no Brush system however trees provide apt juking spots where required. However therefore it does not have the element that LoL jungle fights have.
Dota2 allows for greater variance in game strategy as the majority of items have actives, some that even mimic hero skills. Therefore a hero could play the role of another hero through items, or effectively purchase a skillset. This is not usually the case in LoL.
Because of this factor and the stat system, heroes usually transverse in role throughout the game as their skill set evolves. This is not the case in LoL where skill set is fixed and the aim is to maximize that skill set. While in Dota2 the aim is simply to buy what is best in the current situation.
Dota2 also does not have scaling abilities. Casters fall of late and fed carries begin to take more effect. However due to the huge amount of stuns even though most Carries will have BKB they still have some usage. Nukers in Dota2 only have an extension item of Etheral Blade if they want to boost their output damage. So often they build disables that invariable also build their AD through stats.

Usually games of attrition only occur in Dota2 when certain lineups occur. Usually one team fight can decide the game. Especially later on.
This is less of the case in LoL.
Also due to the deny mechanic trilane is viable while in LoL the only way of denying XP is to try and zone your opponent out of range completely. Thus why having a jungler is good practice in LoL as the solo laner is guaranteed Good XP and fairly good farm.

Also mechanics such as Pulling Creeps on the safe lane added further risk reward offers into the laning stage.

LoL simplifies from this to focus on the core ideas of laning. Dota2 tries to complicate things by offering such opportunities. Due to such opportunities and spawning mechanics and vision importance/map layout, wards are much more important in Dota2 than in LoL.

Level 15
If I had to mention one thing for LoL then it would be the fluidity of the gameplay. Somehow both DotA, DotA2 and HoN feel much less fluid compared to LoL. The fast paced, often reflex based action in LoL is replaced with a more mindgame like strategy in those games. I, for one, prefer the faster gameplay LoL offers.

Level 13
You might not even need any more info but here's my thoughts--

I've never played HoN, but I've played thousands of games of Dota, only a few hundred of Dota2 (But its the same game) and a few hundred of LoL. I'll tell you right now that I drastically prefer Dota.

My two cents is this:
LoL is a much easier game to get into and learn because its "noob" friendly, easy to learn, and basic.

Dota on the other hand is much more difficult, harder to understand the strategy and much much more complex.

I take issue with the fact that there is no effective way in LoL to truly be better than your opponent. Sure you can try and nuke them down, and bully them out of lane, but you cannot cancel there regen, deny them experience, or fully control their options as you can in Dota.

In LoL you can be burst down, in 2 seconds at any point in the game, by nearly any champion. This is infuriating in my opinion, not to say Dota doesn't have some "idiot proof heroes" that do the same but in Dota you can do MUCH more to stop these people from continuously killing you.

I have to agree with what Brambleclaw said on the whole high versus low risk, in LoL everyone uses there skills perpetually, never saving for a specific team fight or any reason. This amounts to someone using an ultimate just to kill one person but then still having it seconds later to kill a whole team. Big Ultimates in Dota such as ones that can disable whole teams for extended amounts of time have considerably longer cooldowns than ever seen in LoL.

I have much more I could say but I don't feel that it will add much more than bias toward Dota. In all, if you're looking for a game with a high "skill cap" and that involves in-depth strategy along with quick thinking...play more Dota. If you're happy to just click Q then R then E and get a triple kill then Flash over a wall and go back to auto attacking creeps play more LoL.

Again, I'm bias, but in all honesty there is a fraction of the necessary team play and strategy in LoL than there is in Dota.

Level 6
well i am a dota addict once..

if your nearly defeated you can still win by team cooperation but in lol when your nearly defeated you dont have any chance at all!..

what i hate on dota is that if theres a level and gold cap its hard to get back but in lol even though my enemy is let say level 15 and i am level 10 i can still reduce the gap.

i prefer Dota for those extreme pvp fights while LoL for those who not..

as i experienced both games are good though LoL has better terrain than DoTA

Level 7

if your nearly defeated you can still win by team cooperation but in lol when your nearly defeated you dont have any chance at all!..

what i hate on dota is that if theres a level and gold cap its hard to get back but in lol even though my enemy is let say level 15 and i am level 10 i can still reduce the gap.

A bad teamfight,a baron steal or catching a high value target alone and bang you are back in the game.

Level 2
I am showing up late to the party, but I wanted to put in my two cents, being an avid DotA: Allstars and LoL player (I cannot speak for DotA 2).

League of Legends and DotA are quite different games despite having the same roots. I could cite specific complains about LoL and specific complaints about DotA, but really they are both fun games and balanced enough to have fun (with an occasional HUGE imbalance that can make fun and frustrating times).

Level 15

Well, unlike in DotA, I've never seen anyone going 1v5 in LoL and killing everyone :p And you are wrong, good teamwork and a good choice of battle can turn the game easily. Also, if only one enemy is fed in LoL (except if it's Jax or another off-tank/bruiser, since they are too damn hard to kill if they have so much advantage) their team is pretty much doomed. You just all go in, kill that single person (who will most likely kill one of your teammates by that time), and that's it for their team. In DotA and HoN, I've seen people win the game alone with any kind of hero.

Poor personal Elo. Aka the elo that matches you up with players when there's lots of activity.

Level 2
DotA 2 is the best. No DotA means no HoN and LoL. If DotA wasn't made, then HoN and LoL might have been "MMORPG" game instead of "Hero Defense" game. Common sensely saying HoN and LoL (specially HoN) are just DotA imitations. They only have different heroes, units and spells. But the number of Ability and Item slots are obviously Warcraft-ish (4 learn-able spells per Hero, and 6 items can be carried.) So to me, DotA 2. But of course in this thread, there's no real "right" answer. It depends on a person's taste.

Level 15
DotA 2 is the best. No DotA means no HoN and LoL. If DotA wasn't made, then HoN and LoL might have been "MMORPG" game instead of "Hero Defense" game. Common sensely saying HoN and LoL (specially HoN) are just DotA imitations. They only have different heroes, units and spells. But the number of Ability and Item slots are obviously Warcraft-ish (4 learn-able spells per Hero, and 6 items can be carried.) So to me, DotA 2. But of course in this thread, there's no real "right" answer. It depends on a person's taste.

And there you go wrong. The original ancestor was StarCraft with Aeon of Strife. Warcraft 3's DotA is just an advancement for it, but the basics were already there. So stop hyping DotA 2 - it was started after LoL was already a popular game, which means the devs didn't start making it standalone before LoL was released. Also, MOBA is a game type, just like RTS, yet no one calls Settlers an imitation of Age of Empires afaik. So please refrain from saying something is an imitation.

Level 6

Banned... lol

Level 13
And there you go wrong. The original ancestor was StarCraft with Aeon of Strife. Warcraft 3's DotA is just an advancement for it, but the basics were already there. So stop hyping DotA 2 - it was started after LoL was already a popular game, which means the devs didn't start making it standalone before LoL was released. Also, MOBA is a game type, just like RTS, yet no one calls Settlers an imitation of Age of Empires afaik. So please refrain from saying something is an imitation.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here...sure AoS came first, DotA expanded on its frame work and was the lone MOBA for a few years before LoL and HoN decided they wanted a piece of the action. Blizzard itself is working on its own take on the game type because hey...there is money to be made.

There is nothing wrong with it being a replica of another game, but you will have to put up with peoples trashtalk that one is a "rip off" of another because even if the 2 games were formed completely in isolation(but they weren't) we all see them as so similar that one must of lead to the other.

Since this is mainly a WC3 modding forum I'll reference a game type among WC3 custom games, TDs, the TDs themselves are all the same idea, and YEAH if we knew who to precisely give credit to we would, because we didn't just magically think of TDs we saw someone else's and made a couple of changes, but its still the 1st TD creator's idea, No matter how minced. So if Bob made the first TD, 50 years from now, if John made another TD that didn't even sort of resemble Bob's TD, people could still point to that it wasn't John's own idea but Bobs. The same applies to DotA, LoL and HoN. (While I never played AoS to directly make comparisons to DotA, I'm sure the game is fundamentally quite similar. So yes DotA should pay homage to its predecessor, and since then as more games continue to dilute the original game, they should still pay homage to those who came first. LoL to DotA and AoS. HoN to LoL, DotA, and AoS.

In my mind, the original games deserve more respect and credit then the ones further down the line. Another example might be...Mario Kart should be held in higher esteem then XYZ Kart which is largely just a copy that came out 50 years later with improved graphics.

Well this a very unproductive post that will likely just incur more flame. Sorry lol.

Oh, and well I have never played Age of Empires or Settlers so no comment.

Just jump in for one little comment.

Since this is mainly a WC3 modding forum I'll reference a game type among WC3 custom games, TDs, the TDs themselves are all the same idea, and YEAH if we knew who to precisely give credit to we would, because we didn't just magically think of TDs we saw someone else's and made a couple of changes, but its still the 1st TD creator's idea, No matter how minced. So if Bob made the first TD, 50 years from now, if John made another TD that didn't even sort of resemble Bob's TD, people could still point to that it wasn't John's own idea but Bobs. The same applies to DotA, LoL and HoN. (While I never played AoS to directly make comparisons to DotA, I'm sure the game is fundamentally quite similar. So yes DotA should pay homage to its predecessor, and since then as more games continue to dilute the original game, they should still pay homage to those who came first. LoL to DotA and AoS. HoN to LoL, DotA, and AoS.
It's because people want credits for their idea.
If they really do this, then AOS is the one that must get the credit.

This is a bit of "not reading the actual storyline". Hello, as Kanadaj says, AOS from SC is the first one for its genre. It's still possible for HoN and LoL become AOS as DotA is not the founder of AOS genre anyway. [Don't care about the user is banned]

Level 11
Funny how all replies the here are biased and from noob perspective.
"Pudge hook OP. Garen super OP!"

Why can't you people just accept that they are both good games, and play the one you like more? I have played LoL, DotA and HoN, each of them atleast 400 matches. And i can tell you, they are all fun and offer unlimited amounts of fun.

To compare LoL and DotA, LoL is the more unbalanced one. You can see this from the patch notes. Almost every champion gets nerfed or buffed in each patch. However, LoL has way superior matchmaking system compared to DotA. Of course DotA is just has been officially released, so they're still gonna improve the MM system.

DotA has better graphical design. Every hero is completely different. There's a rockguy, a ghost bird thing, a fat lightning hippie (tho he lost some weight in the latest patch) and even a gigantic walking tree. Meanwhile in LoL, theres just hot girls and hot dudes. And yordles. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Terrain is really poor in LoL. Everything is leveled except the bases. There's no cliffs or holes on the ground. DotA has more complex terrain; you can cut down trees and hide behind them, jump on the cliffs and gain better vision from up there. These small details adds so much into the gameplay.

Both of these games offers a lot of cosmetic stuff. You can edit your champion/hero just the way you want. LoL has skins. These skins are usually very different from the original one, so you can see a lot of differences. Some skins even have different animations and spells looks different. In DotA, there's these little cosmetic items. You can choose the sword you want, without affecting rest of the hero. Or you can just use the complete set and get something awesome. Or just mix them up as you like. These chances are very minor compared to LoL's skins. But in DotA you can earn items for free by playing games :)

The gameplay of the games are REALLY different, so you can't even begin to compare them. DotA relies more in autoattacks and timely spells. Using one skill at the wrong moment can cost you the whole game. LoL has spammable skills, and every champion has 4 active skills. So you can throw them as you like and have no worries. Of course this changes a bit once you play against higher level players.

As i wrote before, they are both awesome games. The 2 most popular games in the world atm (i think). Play the one you like more and stop whining and starting threads like this, or just play them both like i do.

Level 19
Late response, but I feel that I have to give my opinion on this.

First of all: nothing is balanced. I mean, almost every game which exists today has their own imbalance and that's why patches are brought out each xx time to fix them out.
unfortunately patching leads to other imbalances and needs to be fixed up again.
In the end, a never ending circle exists. This applies for all games out there.

LoL <> Dota <> HoN.
There is no difference in gameplay.
The only difference there is that each game offers something unique in their own way and it is for the player to love or hate this feature.
The only difference I recall is that LoL has two more extra modes: Dominion & ARAM.
But again, that is personal taste.

About players existing in each community is also because of what people like.
If people are more fired up to play LoL then so be it. They have many young gamers.
But which community doesn't?

At the end, I need to pick in at this
here is my view of dota and league.

Dota most fun i have ever had.

League.. Pick garen and solo enemy team.

This is an example of a total noob. If you can't give people a decent vision about something you have no brains about then please shut up.
I am sorry, but this is only possible on lower ranks for players who don't know how to counter him.
If you are in a higher league you'll be able to beat the shit out of him.
Even I may lose against it (or not), but I'm definitely sure that high ranked player will beat the crap out of it.

That said, no offense meant.

Level 15
This is an example of a total noob. If you can't give people a decent vision about something you have no brains about then please shut up.
I am sorry, but this is only possible on lower ranks for players who don't know how to counter him.
If you are in a higher league you'll be able to beat the shit out of him.
Even I may lose against it (or not), but I'm definitely sure that high ranked player will beat the crap out of it.

That said, no offense meant.

Yea, there is no totally OP champion out there, and many times it comes down to personal skill in the end - sometimes I can beat Garen with Talon top!!! Though that isn't the general course of events for Talon, I can sometimes pull it off. Also, if the enemy picks Garen, there are so many picks you can take - worst case, play defensively and farm. He fights you between minions? Hurray, turret farm, he can't do shit. Get Irelia, Jax or Nasus, and farm - no need to kill Garen (unless your jungler insists), you can snowball the hell out of their team later on.

If you want something that's problematic, it's Jax and Nasus - snowballing hard, pretty damn strong in lane. Nasus is a thing, he can be zoned hard early on and totally denied with something like Akali, but Jax is usually a problem, esp since late game your main dmg is your AD carry and Jax dodges all AD attacks for 2 seconds, enough to rape your ADC.

Level 9
Both are good games.. Both need teamwork skills, individual skills, good hero/champs pick and tactics... If you don't like one of the game, than it is okay, everyone has different opinions.. just play and enjoy the game that you like, you don't have to mock other community of the game, like "lol noob, LoL = league of loser", "dota worse, dota = dildo of the ancient" it is pointless to compare those game... sometimes, you'll get bored when your team is f*cking retarded... but that is not the point for the game's pros con.. Find yourself a party, your friends, so you won't met a jackass in your team...

if you said dota is imbalance, i will say, no.. they are quite balanced.. it is just ROLE.. i mean, you can't solo hard carry on the late game, by using a support.. that is ridiculous... can you imagine if they make Keeper of the light can beat Alchemist or Lone Druid by soloing? and both are full items... it doesn't make sense.. that's why you have Captain Mode.. So you can draft your hero/role and create the best combo..

LoL is quite the same.. you need tank, jungler, solo top, ap, adc , CC, and so on.. i can't explain more about LoL because most of the champions are balanced.. Soraka can deal damage if she had a lot of AP.. i've seen once Soraka do AP instead of SP.. she own btm lane and get rabaddon... enemy's ezreal lose so bad, he got no items to carry, the harass is pointless because soraka can heal herself...

my daddy hit me with my keyboarfsfsghkasgvads b

Level 18
LoL is much more balanced and more competitive in my opinion (Haters gonna hate, but pudge pull range isn't even funny for instance). LoL is more dependable on the team than on individuals. In DotA, one man can get fed and easy carry anyone, regardless of the rest of the team. Some people might like that more, I for one do not.

Are you joking me? yes you must be joking

Level 34
I think having the ability to deny creeps is an awful idea. I always hated that in DotA, and it's actually one of the main reasons I don't bother to try DotA 2.

Also I'm happy with LoL and I can't be bothered to try and learn a new MOBA when I've invested 4 years into one that is currently the most popular.

I will say a few things though.
1. LoL is completely stuck in one Meta right now. At least at higher levels of play. It needs to change for LoL to survive.

While this doesn't affect me nearly as much at my level of play, it does bother me quite a bit. I actually don't play ranked very often or even normals. This is due to a few things: the meta, the length of games, and I'm lazy and don't want to try hard.

2. Having said that, LoL has multiple Modes. There are currently 3 different game types to play (5v5, 3v3, ARAM, Dom).

Dominion in particular is vastly different from the regular LoL or DotA (and better in my opinion).

3. League of Legands actually doesn't have that bad of a community (this is relative). We are a WC3 site. I assume everyone has played WC3 Custom games. The community online was pretty terrible (depending on what games you played). Has anyone played Halo? Or any FPS?

Also take a look at the LoL reddit community. It's not that bad.

Also someone mentioned how WoW has a good community. You don't read the forums, do you? : P

Level 34
A season ago the meta wasn't exactly the same - we often had casters in the jungle, and tanks in top lane, while now top is for bruisers, jungle is only for tanks forcing mid to have an AP carry, and making assassin mids, such as Talon and Zed rather risky.
Who is in what role isn't that large of a Meta change.

Level 15
Who is in what role isn't that large of a Meta change.

If you think strategically, SR is not suitable for any other tactics other than that. And there is no way to change that - let's say we add another pair of buffs for each side. So what happens?

-Same lane comp
-Useless counterjungle
-Overbuffed teams
-Lanes handicapped based on distance from necessary buffs

Double jungle is not even a possibility in this case, since AD carries are too squishy to handle ganks without a supporter champion, especially if there would be another jungler in the enemy team.

The meta is like this because strategically there can not be anything better, and that's exactly why Riot supports the current meta.

Level 34
If you think strategically, SR is not suitable for any other tactics other than that. And there is no way to change that - let's say we add another pair of buffs for each side. So what happens?

-Same lane comp
-Useless counterjungle
-Overbuffed teams
-Lanes handicapped based on distance from necessary buffs

Double jungle is not even a possibility in this case, since AD carries are too squishy to handle ganks without a supporter champion, especially if there would be another jungler in the enemy team.

The meta is like this because strategically there can not be anything better, and that's exactly why Riot supports the current meta.
Can not? You know this for sure?

What about tower pushing teams that ignore lanes and jungle altogether? While I definitely do not support the idea of Riot making this viable, it's one point.

A team builds for late game by taking lots of CC and toughness with a couple melee ADC. One goes jungle and farm while the other lanes somewhere. Team fights consist of trying to hold down the enemy team and allow the ADC to mop everyone up. (I know this is pretty much not viable currently, but I believe changes in the game could allow for this sort of play)

There's two. We could come up with more. It wouldn't be that hard to change the game though nerfs/buffs, or more likely through new or changed items.

Status
Not open for further replies.