• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Death Scream anim issue

A unit that emits damage on death like goblin land mine, is it possible to make it use anim on death ?
for a death scream passive ability have tried to assign a roar anim to various anim fields of the copy of AoE damage upon death (Goblin Landmine) ability used for this, it would never appear.

I suppose need workaround like use spawn spiderlings to spawn a dummy with timed life that emits the effect and vanishes,
or is it needed to bake the effect into the model's death animation by editing ?

also this ability made the unit use explode anim on death, it has to die normally, simply would like it to emit the death throes damage, accompanied by effect animation, and if possible sound like howl of terror.
can this all be accomplished by editing alone or is needed to be triggered ?

edit: nevermind that. here is how i did:
make a copy of Disease cloud unit, this will be our dummy, change relevant fields like set collision to 0, and assign locust so that is unselectable. Set it to have the roar graphic to be used as model, and assign the AoE damage upon death ability to it.
make a copy of Abomination's plague cloud ability, the one that allows to drop a plague ward on death. Remove the unwanted fields like aura duration, damage per second, its area of effect to 0, set target art to nothing etc. Assign our dummy to it, set duration to like 0.30 and set the roar sound to be used as effect sound of it.
Works great for dealing aoe damage on death without having to actually explode the unit.

Last edited: