1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Darky um u cant copyright this map bro

Discussion in 'Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen' started by DurotarLord, Jan 7, 2006.

1. DurotarLord

DurotarLord
    I was just noticing at the bottom of the screen here on the internet site theres a message that says:
    " Nature's Call: The Spider Queen, Nature's Call 2: Return of the Dragons, by Darky27, are Copyrighted © 2002-2003
    Kickass blp converter app and MPQ framework Copyright © by BahamutZERO, bahamut@macstorm.org. Visit his website at www.macstorm.org "

but you cant copyright those maps man! the Blizzard Terms and Use statement clearly states that because they were made for Wacraft III using Warcraft III World Editor they are as such property of Blizzard Entertainment. I do beleive then that your saying that you have the copyrights to the map is copyright infringment (but no i do not know the legal term) which is illegal and can get u fined, maybe even jailed if it was a big enough fraud. I just wanted to point that out but i didnt mean any offense by it man.

2. Kimbo

Kimbo
    omg dude, im pretty sure he used a license.

3. Eggie Poo Poo

Eggie Poo Poo
    Oooooo snap you have to use a license to copyright any of your maps? (Deletes copyright by Eggie Poo Poo AKA Thunderwolfxx in all of his old maps)

4. Kimbo

Kimbo
    dude, this thread was made at the START of the YEAR you dumb shit!

5. Xlightscreen

Xlightscreen
    You can't use a license at all to copyright any maps. The only way you could ever copyright this if you bought rights from Blizzard on its game engine and the WE. I mean you can say its copyrighted just to scare of people that wan't to steal the map for there own but in the end in leagal terms it dosen't mean anything.

6. Apple of Lethality

Apple of Lethality
    Note how he doesn't claim the maps to be © him. He only claims the copyright for the concepts.

And you can get fined or jailed for claiming copyrights to a map? :eekani:

7. Xlightscreen

Xlightscreen
    yea but ill tell you now this is a really old forum. but since its the only one that had the latest response then ill go ahead and talk. People don't understand the concept of the copyright laws. The only thing copyright covers is the use of your stuff in commercial uses unless stated otherwise. but if you use the WE then its all blizzards even if you put your own work in it but becuase you do got some your own work blizzard coulden't deal with that but they could easily take your work and you coulden't do crap about it. Its similar to modeling even. all of it is still copyrighted to the company that made modeling the only way you can leagly copyright it is if you buy a commercail license.