• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage Overtime Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/

Okay, i got that trigger above, but i don't get how to use this on Immolation. I don't know how to go about detecting Immolation Damage but being specific about it.

it goes like this;

Event: Unit TakesDamage
------------------
Condition: DamageSource has Buff
------------------
Actions:

if it is structure or the damage type is DOT

damage source will deal damage equal to 1/1.16/1.33/1.5% of damage-taker's Max HP.

Else (Which is on normal attack)

damage source will deal damage equal to 3/3.5/4/4.5% of damage-taker's Max HP.

Level 13
It's kinda hard, because it's supposed to be a ready add-on for Dota; Radiance to be exact.

I don't get what this means?

Radiance is based on Building Damage Aura

Are you trying to replicate what happens with like Sticky Napalm and Radiance? (Although now its been "fixed" and only works if the units are under Veil of Discord)

I think you would just check to see if the unit who is damaged has the buff from this aura and then apply your extra damage.

Maybe I'm wrong though, in which case triggering it is not that bad :D

Level 5
I don't get what this means?

Radiance is based on Building Damage Aura

Are you trying to replicate what happens with like Sticky Napalm and Radiance? (Although now its been "fixed" and only works if the units are under Veil of Discord)

I think you would just check to see if the unit who is damaged has the buff from this aura and then apply your extra damage.

Maybe I'm wrong though, in which case triggering it is not that bad :D

It means it should be ready for import at Dota without any complications.

Lol, i made it work! ^_^

Level 5
What does that mean? Your importing it to a dota map?

Not really, it's a hero suggestion. Assuming that IceFrog would grace her of being a new hero in his own map. It should be my job to give her an impression of how she is coded.

I would really appreciate your support: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8810174

Also, i have made it work now. I didn't know dummy buffs are detectable ^_^

Level 22
Lina Inverse, Slayers was the title of the anime.
EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention, 林原 めぐみ is her voice actress.

Level 10
There is a possibility to use Bribes DDS to detect dots and other spells.
But it could be a lot of work.
For example you modifier the DDS that you trigger any damage from 0.00-3.00 points.
And then you have for example immolation and set the damage to 0.01.
So you say DamageEvent blabla If DamageDone = 0.01
Set DamageDone = 30 and then you can add any other triggers.
So you have 300 spaces for different spells. I worked on a map 3 years ago with the system like that and it worked very well. You only have to ensure that any other damage is always higher than 3 points.
Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.