• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage over Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i got a problem
i want to make a damage over time, that is based on the agility of the caster
(deals 0.5 x Agility per second)
it would be no problem if there would be one hero who can cast this ability, .... but there are more. i made it so: gave the ability 150 LvLs and set lvl to the agi, but thats shit, pls help!

Level 13
For MUI spells the easiest way is to use hashtables.
Upon casting the spell just save the damage with the target unit's key.
If it should stack you can either use multiple rows or add the damage to the old value or something.
Add the target unit to a unit group and pick and damage them every 0.5 sec according to the saved value.

Level 29
For MUI spells the easiest way is to use hashtables.

on the contrary, GUI-init indexer is easier, coz you dont need to save lots of
reals/units/integer but jus the custom userunitdata, put it in an aray...nevertheless
hashtables is my favorite so I preffer them...

as for MUI spell, use UnitIndexer/hashtables or >>> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...late-144325/?prev=search=indexing&d=list&r=20 which is btw complicated...see GUI spells in the spell's section, most of them are made from these systems...

Level 16
on the contrary, GUI-init indexer is easier, coz you dont need to save lots of
reals/units/integer but jus the custom userunitdata, put it in an aray...nevertheless
hashtables is my favorite so I preffer them...

as for MUI spell, use UnitIndexer/hashtables or >>> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...late-144325/?prev=search=indexing&d=list&r=20 which is btw complicated...see GUI spells in the spell's section, most of them are made from these systems...

And that's why everyone better uses vJass for spells like this, then you don't have any problems anymore =D

Level 4
i got a problem
i want to make a damage over time, that is based on the agility of the caster
(deals 0.5 x Agility per second)
it would be no problem if there would be one hero who can cast this ability, .... but there are more. i made it so: gave the ability 150 LvLs and set lvl to the agi, but thats shit, pls help!

I got him now :))
I think he doesn't know about making a spell with trigger. Don't confuse him with GUI or JASS.

Hey! I haven't knew what is MUI and GUI :p (definition)

Last edited:
Level 33
GUI is Graphical User Interface, it's a system (in Warcraft3, GUI simply means that the default Trigger Editor that you're using right now, easy and direct) that is well-known for its user-friendly.

Currently, there are 2 types of Spell Making Tools; GUI and JASS

JASS on the other hand, is anti of GUI (not user-friendly) but it is more efficient in all aspects

MUI is Multi-unit Instanceable, meaning that the spell can be casted simultaneously without bugging it.

You'll need either Indexing or Hashtable (or both, for advance user) to make your spell MUI.

NOTE: MUI and GUI doesn't relate, at all. Well, you know what I mean doesn't relate is what.

Status
Not open for further replies.