• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran/Dark Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here's a picture of a dark dalaran terrain i made in about 20 mins. I noticed that on the forums there's alot of forests but not only a few dark terrain pics so i thought i'd post this one.:smile:

Attachments

• Dark Terrain.jpg
    Dark Terrain.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Dark Terrain 1.jpg
    Dark Terrain 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Dark Terrain 2.jpg
    Dark Terrain 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 6
I think he mean the fog, you need to zoom wider in the world editor using the mousweehl and strg.

The "hills" doesnt look good, they look so random placed without any thoughs. Maybe it was intented that it looks like this, but i dont like it.
Also i think this sand+ud ground looks horrible, dont use those tiles together that wont work out.

Also this looks more like a freaky outer space screen then a Dark Dalaran Terrain. Where are the ruins? Or the City?
Any relics or something, a base camp...

Gah i cant give contructive Critice, i would go and make this whole thing new sorry to sound harsh.

Level 6
The sand is there because it's a smallish island near the water and not all of Dalaran has ruins or camps does it? i don't know because i did the campaigns ages ago, and yes the hills are supposed to look like that. I'll put in another screenshot with different stuff.

Well, far clipping is actually how far the camera sees. To prevent some long ranged far clipping, you can add fog so that it blocks the stuff. Or you can altrenatively set the far clipping amount via camera options. (Wc3 Cameras) :grin:

It looks nice but it doesn't look that Dalaranish. Yes, a word I invented! I'm so awesome!

Yes, I am uber leet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.