• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

custon ressource permission problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there!
Long time ago I made some WC3 maps just for myself :)
I used lot of ressources from this site to create my own custom campaigne.

Now I am overworking the whole compaign to a "professional" niveau and has plans to publish it on my modding blog.

The problem is that I never asked for the permission for these custom ressources (cause I thought I will never publish my maps lol).
My campaign uses lot lot lot of them, and i didn't sort them out or something.
It would be nearly impossible to find all the modders for every single ressources. (partly I also don't know the names of the ressource)
I dont know what to do, I want to release my campaign very hard, but I know thats part of the modder codex,to give credits to the creators of the custom ressources.

Any ideas what I should do?

Hope my english is good enought :S

Greez

Level 4
Track down as many of them you can. Consider changing out resources that you cannot track down the author of with ones you can. Any remaining ones you can give some sort of blanket credit and be prepared to add them if their authors ask you to.

hmm, I think you're right. That will be lot of work, but I have no other idea.

When did you ever need permission to use someone's resource THEY uploaded online?

I'm sure no one will sue me for use their ressourced without any credits/permission, but I respect the work of others and that's why I find it's fair to give credits/ask for the permission ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.