• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Triggers Vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been working on a map for a while now, and most of the recent work has been on the triggers. Recently I tried to open up the saved map again and the editor seemed to get caught up on loading the map...specifically, it stopped responding while loading trigger 36 out of 8something. I let it load overnight, and when I got back to it, it had finally loaded the map, however the entire subfolder I had for custom triggers now looks like this.
6cde99274cd68d88811673929d6e52d3.png
As you can see, the triggers that were not in the custom triggers folder are fine, but everything in that folder is...somewhere. And there are many.
Does anyone know why this happened, how to get them back, or failing that, how to prevent this from happening in the future? Besides backing up my save file.

Last edited:
I have heard a rumour that trigger comments can make your triggers disappear. I haven't experienced it myself, and I don't know if that's actually the real issue but it's worth researching.

Also always keep backups. Things can go wrong and the editor is buggy. Every time I save my map I save it to a new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.