• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Fyi you cannot create custom race as in having new race add among the standard one - you can only replace one race during the game and that's pretty much it.

I believe there's already a tutorial in the tutorial section with the information on what every race has to have to be on par with the standard races (number and type of buildings, etc.)

Level 6
Level 16
Fyi you cannot create custom race as in having new race add among the standard one - you can only replace one race during the game and that's pretty much it.

I believe there's already a tutorial in the tutorial section with the information on what every race has to have to be on par with the standard races (number and type of buildings, etc.)
There is plenty of map where all 4 races are changed.
as for one race among the standard ones, I have my own map do that.
For example, when a player selects humans as a race they can choose Silvermoon (Blood Elves), Kirin Tor (Dalaran), or Stormwind (Regular humans).

Level 16
not really, you can cahnge the handicap and choose other races that way. I have seen it done in both wc3, and sc2 maps.
the Sc2 map I am referring is called WAH. It race Selection is based on handicap, the cool think it you don't see the handicap as 100%, 90% etc, all you choose is the actual race! (ie: Alliance, Horde, Burning legion)
As for wc3 maps, I think Footman16 uses that method.

Level 12

There are some very definite ways around this. I think spreading this around is a good idea: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-nirvana

Nirvana is a WarCraft III mod that aims to GREATLY improve everything about WarCraft III, by introducing NEW races, without replacing the old ones (Which is done) GREATLY improving the graphics, (Which he's working on) And other changes like a custom injector to inject ones own code and plugins into WC3 for use with mods, an example he has is a plugin that displays Mana Bars like HP bars, using custom MPQs so you do not have to overwrite anything in the current MPQs, a custom EXE so you don't have to overwrite WC3s EXEs, and many other things.

The method he uses for using the custom race is based off of the Handicap method, except the Handicap menu REPLACES the Pick Race menu. When you pick your race at the pre-game screen, it then loads Local Player-specific graphics and sounds, so you actually DO have a custom UI, mouse cursor, soundtrack, sounds, and other graphics, unique to each race.

ALMOST all of these features are functional and currently useable (All but the graphics).

@OP
But if the coding part intimidates you, you can take a look at some of these things:

Modified Victory/Defeat Condition

To use this, all you gotta do is Copy/Paste the JASS into the "Map-Specific Code" section of your map. When you go into the Trigger Editor, that is the little map icon followed by the name of the map.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/how-create-full-working-custom-race-119435/

This will explain everything else a custom race needs and how to do some of it.

Level 16
That still makes the actual race count 4.
You cannot add a fifth race and see and pick it as the default four.
Yes there are ways to make workaround the standard four, but it does not change the fact that you cannot add a race.
Maybe I did not understand the first post here.
Hello I want to start creating a custom melee map with race and need someone to help me and tell me a trigger to defeat all the enemies for victory.
Seems like he wants to edit the races to make them custom. After all customizing the map is what they said. nothing about a 5th race.
I think you can find all the "Defeat/Win" triggers in category called "Game" (If you use GUI).
This is a true, and pretty much sums up the First post.
again, no one said anything about making a 5th race, just making a Custom race. so maybe we just read it differently. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.