• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom keys (warkeys) with custom maps/campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Its the first time Im actually tinkering with custom keys (never done mulitplayer, only single player stuff) and I just downloaded Warkeys and got it to work with the standard custom maps.

Problem is it doesnt seem to work properly with the custom campaign Im playing right now (The story of the Norj'Hal elves Norj'Hal Elves Campaign v40). Is this a general issue with custom maps/campaigns or did I do something wrong? Can I use the worldeditor to change the keybindings for this campaign?

Level 11
It's possible to change the standard keybinds on a map-by-map basis and the campaign probably did that. I've never used warkeys but I imagine that changes the base keybinds, which will be overwritten by map specific ones.

It would be possible to modify the campaign files but they could be protected which would make it prohibitively difficult.

An alternative to all this is to use something like autohotkey to change keys globally. If the game sees an "A" keypress as "R" (or whatever) then it doesn't matter what the map changed.

Level 2
It would be possible to modify the campaign files but they could be protected which would make it prohibitively difficult.

I can open the campaign in the editor and already found the heros but not their ability keybindings.

As for autohotkey, the problem is I want all abilities bound per location rather than per ability name. DOTA style I guess, just QWER for the bottom row.

Status
Not open for further replies.