• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Keys messing with my Custom Spells shortcuts

Level 6
Hello !

On my map, i created spells, some are just dummyspells for the AI to use.
On of them is the aerial shackles (with triggers another REAL spells)... The vanilla hotkey is "E" but my CustomKeys.txt changed it to "Q" because, in melee, this is the first dragonhawk ability.
HOWEVER, for a custom unit i want it to be back to E, but, as it is the "vanilla hotkey", it shows black in the editor instead of pink, so i gets overwritten by my Custom Keys.

I can't use another spell which triggers in the sames conditions for the AI, an the spell is the third of a spellcaster.. Is there a way to make something considered changed but in fact is not really ? To have the "E" pink in the editor.

I looked for posts talking about importing a CustomKeys.txt in the map, but all of them are quite old, and i couldn't find the import path.

Thanks !

Level 6
I don't see why you can't copy/paste the aerial shackles spell and set its shortcut to E? Surely CustomKey doesn't take into account newly created spells
This IS what i did. I have a newly created Aerial Shackles. But i can't set the shortcut to E because it's ALREADY "E". And because of that, the customkeys.txt overwrite the default hotkey, but i don't want to.
I don't want to disable my custom keys either, i want it to work for everyone.

Level 6
Yes but this is NOT what i want... I explained it
Most people have their own customkeys, and i want this to work even for them. So if it doesn't work for me, maybe it will be the same for them.

I either want to :
1/ make the hotkey "edited" even if it is still a E
2/ import Customkeys.txt to the map, as some people in the forum said, but i don't know how