• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Custom Hero Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im making a custom hero arena type map and i want to use the same system of hero making in Custom Hero Line Wars by Baka Ranger how did he make the skills transfer to the heroes without making them learn them and still make them "skillable"

Level 11
I played it long time ago and don't remember it - how exactly does it work?

Anyway, in most cases you do it like this: you give all of those abilities to your Hero unit, you disable them at start of the map through the triggers (Player - Disable Ability (or at least I think it was something like that)).
Now, you can enable them through the triggers again as needed.

Level 18
If you want to add an ability to a hero and have it show up in the Hero Skills menu then you need to abuse the Engineering Upgrade. There is a large documentation of how to do this in my signature (though wc3c.net is down), WarCraft III: Ability Guide.

Level 3
Well The way I would do it is to make the buildings that give you the skills (just like in custom line wars, I played it once) sell items, now, the way this works is:
Unit gets the item
Unit gets Skill based on the item
Item Destroys itself

It's quite a simple concept, when you think about it

Event: - Unit accuires item
Condition: - item is equivalent to (one of the items that the skill place sells)
Action:
1. add ability *(ability that corresponds to the item)* to {triggering unit}
2. remove {aquired item} from the game

i'm not exactly sure how to remove the item but other than that this will work, it just takes time to do, so be ready for lots of boring, identical triggers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.