• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Clarity Potion interrupted on attack damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey all.

I have a problem with an item that grants the user a buff that gives mana over time, based on the clarity potion ability. Even though I turn off "Dispel On Attack" in the object editor, the buff still gets dispelled when attacked. I've also got a healing potion based on the same spell, which functions correctly (i.e. it doesn't get dispelled).

I've tried altering the original clarity ability as well, as some abilities are dependant on their original version, but that doesn't help either.

I suppose I could make it a trigger, but I really would rather not. I tried replacing it with rejuvenation, but I have a hero that has rejuvenation as a spell, and they don't stack.

Does anyone have a solution, or does it simply have to be triggered?

Last edited:
Level 4
If you are on at least 1.29c (I believe) 1.30 buffs stack now, so you can use rejuvination freely without concern.
Buff stacks from 1.30 patch.

Oh, it seems I was on a prior patch. Spent a while getting past the 65% downloader, but yeah, buffs stack now, so I suppose I'll use rejuvenation instead.

If the healing potion version properly doesn't get dispelled, have you tried copying it and then changing it to mana regen?

Intriguingly, I already did this. It might have worked if I did it the other way around? Regardless, I'm just going to use rejuvenation now instead.

Thanks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.