• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Ability Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I am new here as well as somewhat new to the editor world, but I have been making progress until i hit trying to make an ability.

What I am trying to do is create an energy restoration ability, using the nano repair effects. After testing it, it will work, but the beam isnt visible and the effect on the target remains even after it has left the area of effect and has full energy. So Im a bit stumped to how this is happening since i made a copy of nano repair and modified it to my liking. So if you need anymore info please ask. Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The actor events on the beam actor are set up incorrectly. By default it is created when the unit starts channeling the repair ability. It then must terminate the effect when channeling ends. As you have AoE, it can still be channeling the same unit when other units leave the area. Since it does not stop channeling they still have the beam actor attached to them.

A solution I think would be to make the beam actor be controled by an invisible buff behaviour on the units being healed. This buff time expires quickly unless constantly refreshed (continually healed). The beam is created between the source unit and the receving unit when the buff is given. The beam is destroyed when the receving unit loses the buff.

Level 2
Ah i see what you mean, and I think i like that idea better. The energy is coming from a reactor unit of mine so it would seem better than the repair beam. thanks. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.