• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crescent Moon - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Shattered Crescendo - Re Piece

Crescent Moon
ORPG

All features, ideas, job classes, etc are subject to change. Yep Can't make my mind up

CHANGING NAME COMBINED CONCEPTS WITH CRESCENT MOON AND AMATSU.

Currently Working On

Story - Still brainstorming
Battle System - Basic stuff have been done
Job Classes - Having trouble on naming them XP

Progress Report

Job Classes - 0/8
Abilities - ||||||||||
Story - ||||||||||
Battle System - ||||||||||
Party System - ||||||||||
Terrain - ||||||||||

Foreword

Well I've been playing Twilight's Eve a lot lately and very much enjoying it.(For those who don't know, it's a custom warcraft 3 ORPG)I had so much fun that I decided to make my own ORPG, being Crescent Moon ORPG.

I started thinking about posting it here maybe three days ago (more or less) but due to the fact that I had personal stuff to do and also due to the fact I posted another project months ago that basically I couldn't even start. It was too big for me to handle so anyway I posted it now (YAY), about the project...

About the Project

As of now I'm still working on the story but to give you an idea of what I came up with, here are some details:

┌It was a flash of light as the cracked earth cried amidst the cataclysm. A light that came from the very depths, that broke the world and shattered it. No one knew who or what could have done this or even why such thing happened. But is has been written:

"The world will be shattered and steered asunder by the blinding light of Pandora. As the mourning of the broken isle echo, so shall the fire of cleansing go forth, the fire of Gazig. The lost shall walk the earth once more to bring forth...[G E N O C I D E]"

...And that came from a 5 paged book...my mother used to read to me...
It has been a year since that devastation. And everyone just forgot everything. People just continued their morbid lives of deception and trickery. Not knowing the truth, that this world was not their own. ┘

This is the Prologue of a story I'm making. This will also be the story of the project. Oh and guess what the story I'm making is entitled "Crescent Moon: Genesis of Genocide". Hehe I kinda started making the story after I got the idea of starting this ORPG, so yeah enjoy ~

Multi-Map ORPG - So like the name implies, Crescent Moon will have several Maps to play through, each with it's levels of difficulty. Maps will be signified with their City/Town or maybe an epic dungeon.

The first Map will be "Crescent Moon ORPG - Crescendo" Crescendo being the main city featured in the map.

Save/Load - Well of course we need a save/load, without it no one can transfer to different maps which will be a great aspect of the game.

Custom Battle System -

Stay tuned...

Party System

Stay tuned...

More features to be added

Adjustable Camera System

Stay tuned...

MORE TO COME

Stay tuned...

Stay tuned...

Stay tuned...

Stay tuned...

WarriorConcept.jpg

NAME: Warrior Concept
ARTIST: neku99
TYPE: Rough Sketch

neku99 - Project Leader

Last edited:
Level 5
Lets see now.

Story
It is decent, unique and interesting, however I find it quite hard to understand. Seems that the gameplay is based on the storyline, makes it much more interesting! >:D

Features
Can see you're trying to make it unique compared to other RPGs, it shouldnt be too hard to come up with more unique features like the battle system. I like the different map thingy, makes it very much funner instead of playing the same map over and over again, however it is very time consuming compared to focusing on a single map. Might wanna reconsider that.

Job Classes
Can see plenty of unique races compared to most RPGs, good job! I suggest you finish one hero at a time instead of making 1 incomplete and moving on to the next, it gets the job done faster.

All in all, it is going to become a unique RPG (I presume), good luck on the map and stay original! ^^

ps. Played Twilight Eve's, found it to be a rather boring and easy level up RPG and a terrain that seriously needs work on. =P

Level 10
Lets see now.

Story
It is decent, unique and interesting, however I find it quite hard to understand. Seems that the gameplay is based on the storyline, makes it much more interesting! >:D

Features
Can see you're trying to make it unique compared to other RPGs, it shouldnt be too hard to come up with more unique features like the battle system. I like the different map thingy, makes it very much funner instead of playing the same map over and over again, however it is very time consuming compared to focusing on a single map. Might wanna reconsider that.

Job Classes
Can see plenty of unique races compared to most RPGs, good job! I suggest you finish one hero at a time instead of making 1 incomplete and moving on to the next, it gets the job done faster.

All in all, it is going to become a unique RPG (I presume), good luck on the map and stay original! ^^

ps. Played Twilight Eve's, found it to be a rather boring and easy level up RPG and a terrain that seriously needs work on. =P

Wow thanks :D

Well the story is a bit confusing and I'm still working on my poetry there (XD) but seeing that someone like the story a bit, gives much encouragement.

As for the multi-map thingy, yes it is time consuming and making terrain and such is a hard process. But I was thinking on making the different maps as like additional, bonus dungeons or maybe towns/cities where more quests can be found, to reduce boredom as much as possible. As I can see it is very much flexible but like you said time consuming.

Job classes, I really wanted to put the, "unique" feel to them as many RPG's have the same warrior, archer, fighter, mage classes. I find it quite boring.

Well progress is a bit slow as I am only one on this project and to top that off, my PC just bugged again.

Again thanks for the micro review, sorta I guess ^^

Level 10
UPDATE: Well it's not really an update, just wanted you guys to know that my computer got reformatted and I have to reinstall warcraft 3. This also means all my previous work got deleted but fortunately it wasn't too serious. I guess by tomorrow I'll be back with the map.

UPDATE: Well it's not really an update, just wanted you guys to know that my computer got reformatted and I have to reinstall warcraft 3. This also means all my previous work got deleted but fortunately it wasn't too serious. I guess by tomorrow I'll be back with the map.

How did you keep the map from being deleted?

Level 10
UPDATE:

Well It's been a long time since I updated this and it seems most of you forgot about this project, didn't give a damn, etc. XD

Anyway I reworked the job classes and came up with 4 job classes, mainly:

Silver Paladin, Edge Knight, Gale Blader and Sylphid Muse.

These will be the starting classes for my RPG. Starting classes? Yes starting classes. Basically as you become powerful in the game you can take up special quests that can unlock new jobclasses. And no it won't be the usual "1st job, 2nd job, etc" When I say unlock you are basically unlocking a new Job class with new abilities and play styles.

Also I have started a story named "Crescent Moon: Genesis of Genocide" The story I am making is going o be the story of my ORPG.

For now I'm bailing the lock on battles system because it is, more or less, lamer than what I expected it would be. Still I will be updating the system if the need arise but it wont appear in my RPG anytime soon.

As for the terrain, I'm still practicing on that and it's a bit fun if not tiring.

Other than that project is still moving slow and I'm not expecting it to move any faster. I won't be rushing to this project for the time being so~

. . . Y E A H . . .

Level 10
BUMP!

Well just want ya'll guys to know that this project ain't dead and I'm still more on planning. . .even if it's like really looooooooong. These days, it's been busy with all the school and personal stuff but summer here is about to begin and I'll be having more time on this project. Maybe even get my classmates to help XD besides they like video games too.

As for the none recruitment. . . I'm a bit shy at the moment and I just can't recruit then don't know what to do next. Planning my friends, planning. So~

. . . Y E A H . . .

Level 10
Status
Not open for further replies.