• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

crap RPG terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm wondering what people think of the terrain on this map of mine. the name is just a temporily name. if anyone want to change the terrain go ahead but post it here.
RPG
Sorry about the first 2 but i dont have time to take good pictures

Last edited:
Level 24
Ok these could use a lot of work. It defiantly needs a lot more height variation, a bit more tile variation and a lot more doodads. Especially in the 4th one, which is really just a flat terrain with a couple of houses randomly placed across it. Also change the fog colour, that yellow fog looks horrible with the rest of the terrain.

So the main things you need is height & tile variation and a lot more doodads.

Level 17
That's what I was thinking Gilles.
You can add little things like an oasis, or some strange artifacts/temple place things.
An interesting part of the desert in TKoK is the presence of piers, or docks if you will, which suggests that maybe at one time the whole area was filled with water. Or maybe giant sand-sailing ships are used? 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.