• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Confusing Ability: Remove Allies Sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI! since this forum helped my map to solve many abilities in so many ways I decided to consult with you about my next ability:
Its an ability based on slow that seppouse to slow enemy hero in dota-alike map and prevent the player to see other allies on the map, I am aware that you cant remove sight from his own units so it's enough if he simply see his own Hero + his summoned units.
The question is: can I make the player also in adition lose sight over his own units, while his allies and enemies see them?

Edit: I managed to make it on my own.

No need anymore: (Any thought about how to make this work?).
Still need: can I make the player also in adition lose sight over his own units, while his allies and enemies see them?

wow this advance edit post is so annoying, I can't find any way to do "spoiler" with extra box or ------ (line) on letters to show its not needed allready, why those bottons won't exist even thou I know they are used?

Last edited:
Level 12
Please describe exactly what you want.

From what I understand you want one player to just lose sight over all units? Doesnt make much sense to me..

Level 20
Use "Item Sight Range Bonus" and add that ability to all the player units, with a negative value of 1800. Everyone will see the units, except the player itself. You can just remove the ability later an everyone's sight will be restored to normal.

Use "Item Sight Range Bonus" and add that ability to all the player units, with a negative value of 1800. Everyone will see the units, except the player itself. You can just remove the ability later an everyone's sight will be restored to normal.
Not only that you solved the question you seems to be the only one who understand what I wrote! Imressive analasis and great way to make this ability work!. +rep

Level 20
Actually, I never tough it was possible, so i looked over the internet (google) and found that same solution for someone else in some other forum, i didn't even test it. Glad to know it worked and helped :).

Status
Not open for further replies.