• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Composing Software: What do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I was curious the tools that some of the composers here use, be it shareware or software.

I'm compiling some music software for my friend to try to compose video game music with. He also has a pretty nice mixer he's hooking instruments up to and into his computer. It's one of those ones that loops two tracks. Dunno name.

Thanks for the help :)

I do all my work using Pro Tools 8 LE software.

If it's composing your after, I've heard Sibelius works very well for that (especially if your composing something to be performed). As of composing something more "electro" esque, I've noticed many many people use and like FL Studio, seems to be the main software many non-professional musicians use if they aren't recording.

As far as shareware/freeware goes your a bit in a tricky situation.
If you haven't already noticed, pretty much everything related to music is overpriced.

I had compiled some free/cheap programs here on the bottom of the first music contest to get some people started: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1444709-post1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.