• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Completely disable minimap....How? Oo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey all...

the title should say everything. how to disable the minimap completely. means no dot for the hero, no house icons for shops and portals, no square for the currently viewed area, no displaying of the map at all (minimap should be and stay completely black), and so on. the minimap should just be black (or maybe later on a small image....if someone knows how to do that you could tell me how to do that too^^).

is it possible? and if so...how?

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

Level 9
I've made a map in which I succesfully made what you say.
I don't why, but it works for me. So I suppose it should work for you as well.

Go to Advanced -> Game Interface. There, search for the "Minimap Resource Texture" field. In its path, write whatever you want, I wrote "InvalidIcon.blp". I think it works no matter what you write, with the condition that the thing you write doesn't exist.

I don't know if it'll work for you, but I think you should try it. As I said, it's done in my map, and the minimap is a black square.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.