• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command/ Item Button Cooldown Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So I have searched up and down The Big UI-Frame Tutorial for this, and several of the others, (I'm guessing the cover it and I'm just missing something) and I can't seem to find this in there:

When moving the default UI (not making any new custom frames) I can resize buttons easily, but the cooldown image is still the same size as it always was.
I am aware that the cooldown image frame only exists when it is needed, is there a simple way to resize the cooldown without having to make custom frames?

I understand that with frames that don't exist except under certain circumstances (in this case the cooldown frame doesn't exist until an ability is used that requires one).
If I understand correctly, I can only alter a frame that exists, but in this case it would be laborious to detect every time an ability/ item is used, so I'm hoping I am just misunderstanding how these frames work.

This is what I'm talking about:
Cooldown.png

Can I change the size of that cooldown box frame once and for all without having to detect and resize each time a cooldown frame is made?

I'll be troubleshooting it for a while so if I solve it myself I'll update this post.

Thanks ahead of time!

Level 18
Since the cooldown indicator is a model, you can import a custom cooldown model that fits the new size.
Set the path of the model to UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdx in the import manager.

I am not sure you can access the cooldown frame, even with the get child native function, so your only reliable option is the above, or, as you mentioned, custom cooldown frames.

Level 12
Since the cooldown indicator is a model, you can import a custom cooldown model that fits the new size.
Set the path of the model to UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdx in the import manager.

I am not sure you can access the cooldown frame, even with the get child native function, so your only reliable option is the above, or, as you mentioned, custom cooldown frames.

That sounds infinitely easier!
Are there two of those models ? -> one for item cooldowns and one for commands?

I'm not sure I ever want to access the cooldown frame after learning what you just said! Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.