• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cloning/positioning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm using 3DS Max 2009 and I've got a bit of a problem with the mesh I'm making. I've made a good mesh without problems, but when I want to clone and mirror it, the trouble starts. For some reason, when I clone the mesh, it's position compared to the edit point (the base point from which you can move, scale or rotate) is separated (as if 2 parts were selected, which is without any doubt the case). At random points, the clones go to their original position (where it was cloned) and leave the edit point where they used to be. Mirroring is also undone along with it.
So the clones are still there, but reset. The only modifiers I have turned on is Skin and Editable Mesh. It is also strange that the real mesh and the edit point are normal when entering Editable Mesh mode. The mesh returns to the edit point, where it's supposed to be, but when out of the Editable Mesh mode or changing to another tab besides the modify tab it turns back to the separate points.

Any idea's of what could've caused this?

Well make sure you are making a copy and not an instance
attachment.php

You can collapse the modifiers into the mesh also.
attachment.php

Hope that helps out, I'm very tired right now.

Attachments

• ehm.jpg
    ehm.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 198
  • ehm2.jpg
    ehm2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.