• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Clearing chat messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ah that's an idea!

I'm making a map similar to the map from starcraft called 'The Thing' (loosely based on John Carpenter's 1982 movie "The Thing") where there are 12 players, one is 'the thing', but they look like everybody else. The thing (a random player) is trying to kill everybody else, and vice versa. The thing can either choose to accuse someone else of being the thing, and try to get everyone to gang up on them, or they can wait for them to be alone with someone else, and then transform into their true form, and devour them.

The problem is, is that if someone gets killed by the red player, they'll type in "RED DID IT" but after they're already dead. I want to stop that. I want to control the chat so I'll post up the chat messages iff they are still alive.

How do you get rid of the chat font?

Level 8
Nah, that's not quite as polished as I would like. I've gotten the system working.

It's really awesome, because whoever is 'the thing' can impersonate other players by having the same colored unit AND by taking their name over in chat messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.