• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone,

I have encountered two problems when making a cinematic:
First, although I put a trigger called Enable Fog of War, there is no Fog of War in-game, everythink is visible

Second, I put a trigger which will star a music in a cinematic (Illitand's theme), but it does not beign played.

So would you tell me how to solve it? I will appreciate your help, and an image will help you, and show you how did I made the triggers.

Attachments

• Névtelenmaaa.png
    Névtelenmaaa.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 44
There are actually 2 "cinematic" modes:
- Turn on cinematic mode puts the game into cinematic UI and reveal the map (for the players it's turned on for). This is better for showing scenery, introduction, epilogue, etc.
- Turn on letterbox mode puts the game into cinematic UI but doesn't reveal the map. This is better for cinematic in the middle of the gameplay.

So what you are looking for when you want to make a cinematic that doesn't disable Fog of War is the "letterbox mode".

Level 15
Thanks for your help, I deleted the cinematic mode, and left there only the letterbox mode, but it still does not work, there is still not this black zone? I realized it that it is not Fog of War, it is something else, maybe Black Mask. Here is a picture which will explain it:

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062016_130257_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_062016_130257_01.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 15
No, thanks, I don't want to hide it, I want the minimaps areas to be black, not explored, and only the Player 2 (blue)s area to be visible. I need something Black Mask, but I cannot do it. I upload my map so you can see the triggers and help me easier.

Attachments

• IllidansPath.w3x
    283.7 KB · Views: 34
Level 15
I think it is not. If you look at the triggers in my map, you can see them.

In the Initialization I used:
Visibility - Enable black mask
Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)
In the cinematic trigger there is this trigger, too:
Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)

How should I fix it?
In this picture I show what do I want to make in my map. (I could make the music work)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062016_142132_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_062016_142132_01.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.