• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Check for Buff on Dieing unit... doesnt work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"If dying unit has specific buff, then"

It doesn't seem to work. Apparently, the game can't look back in time to see if the unit that died a second ago had a specific buff or not.

What I'm trying to do is make a holy warrior spell that has a super-buff as an ultimate. While giving bonus armor for 15 seconds, a hero under the effects of this buff should REVIVE when slain.

I can't get this to work. Is there any way to let a trigger check if a unit had a specific buff before its' death?

Level 23
Removing that ability after exactly 15 seconds would make it harder to make multi-instanceable, which is what I want all my spells to be.

And how'd I make it invisible in the first place?

---------

Other spells for my holy hero sofar:

Radiance: When activated, drains mana, and periodically heals friendly units in range of the hero with Radiance every 5 seconds.

Exorcism: Flings a holy bolt a targets' way, dealing low damage. If the target is undead, the bolt will do significant bonus damage.

Justice Aura: When using this aura, a nearby buff will be periodically stolen from an enemy and put on an affected friendly unit, and vice versa for debuffs.

Vengeance: Opens the heavens and sends several bolts of searing light downwards. For each enemy harmed by these bolts, the caster heals 20 HP.

Divine Blessing: ... Well, it doesn't work yet. :(

Level 2
Spells don't count as "attacks", do they? I think the Event "A unit's life sink under 1 HP" should work, or you add all heroes as "Unit takes damage" per "Add event to trigger" action and then what Daelin said.

Status
Not open for further replies.