• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ChatGPT really made it!

Level 6
Backstory:

When I was in junior/middle school, I had an old computer at home, and there were only Warcraft 3, Diablo 1, Starcraft 1, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, and a couple of insignificant shooters. I had no Internet, so during my free time, I was playing only what was installed. During the summer I went to camps, and one day I met the first person who could share my feelings about Warcraft 3. We spent all our free time discussing the campaigns and the story, as well as what could happen next. And it just happened that we only heard about WoW, but at that time I personally could not play it for obvious reasons. One day, when I returned to the same camp for the second time, I met an old friend again, but soon another person joined us, who knew about WoW a little bit more, and told us some interesting things. As I found out much later, almost everything that was said about WoW turned out to be not entirely true, and the person clearly spoofed a lot of events, but it doesn’t matter, because we had fun, and that time we still started to invent our own stories in Warcraft because of ignorance and misunderstanding of the plot of WoW. Although I still remember how Pandaria was advertised on TV, such a WoW was popular...

Recently, I have had time to reflect on what I composed as a child. It is now very difficult to evaluate what I came up with years earlier: a lot of time has passed, and I remember only parts of what I once came up with. In addition, it is clear that my childhood fantasies cannot be compared with the official plot of WoW. However, I began to think about the campaign plot that could theoretically be in Warcraft 4. And I asked ChatGPT to write me a possible plot, using my thesis. Neural Networks have been very popular, and I'm not the first to ask a neural network to write a story for Warcraft 4, although I used the same ChatGPT before mainly for programming.

What did I ask:

"Ok. Let's imagine again. You are a Blizzard scenarist. Write the plot for Warcraft IV, that will continue the story of the Warcraft series. Do not use the events and scenarios from WoW.

Use the following facts:
- In Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos, before the massacre at Stratholme and Arthas' departure for Northrend, he and Jaina conceived a child. But while in Northrend, Arthas does not know that his sun will soon be born. Arthas even does not know that Jaina is pregnant. The child will be named Alan. Jaina, in turn, did not have time to tell Arthas before his departure, that she was pregnant, since she did not know the fact herself. Shortly, she will hide from everyone that she has a son from Arthas, and will raise him as a foster child, at the same time, sailing to Kalimdor on the advice of the Medivh.

- In Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Malfurion and Maiev failed to prevent the Illidan's ritual in Dalaran, thus Illidan managed to destroy Nerzul and his citadel using the Eye of Sargeras.

- After the destruction of the Nerzul, some of the undead around the world were destroyed instantly, and some of the survivors became free, for example, Sylvanas soon became the ruler of the Forsaken, and another remaining undead went mad.

- Meanwhile, Arthas had just returned to Lordaeron to take it from the Dreadlords, but Kel Thuzad died in front of his eyes, because of the death of Nerzul. Arthas himself, devoid of all powers, now resides in a miserable existence, wandering the world, trying not to get caught by vengeful Sylvanas. Arthas no longer hears his master Nerzul, Frostmourne no longer speaks to him, and his mind is gradually clearing but it is also emptying due to the realization of all things that he has done before...

- The story takes place 20 years after Illidan's ritual in Dalaran. A new threat looms over Azeroth. The Horde and Alliance are in a fragile peace that is actually imaginary, minor skirmishes break out. The horror from the depths is about to come, and the nagas from the Maelstrom will begin an invasion of the land states.

- Young Alan is 19 years old, his mind is stubborn and his body is strong, but his early childhood memories - the battle of the Alliance and the Horde in the Third War against the burning Legion - are still clear. He is torn by doubts about whether there will be peace between the Alliance and the Horde. He himself does not understand whether he hates the orcs, or wants peace with them. He also does not know his father. He studies military disciplines in Stormwind. He is close to the radical views of the paladins, he has been hating the undead with all his heart since he had seen what Lordaeron had become. Jaina lied to him that his father was a young beautiful paladin, but died in a war with the undead.

- Meanwhile, in Kalimdor, unknown to anyone or forgotten by everyone, the archlich (ancient lich) Mal'Kezar under the pseudonym "The Creator" is thinking about the future of the undead as a new free race in Azeroth. He strives for the undead to exist on their own, and finds a method to free most of their brethren from the madness, unconsciousness and fury due to the destruction of their former master, Nerzul. According to his new technology, now the power and intelligence of the undead are concentrated in "Nodes", which create a "Unified Network." He will have to put this technology into practice. Figured out about the existence of Sylvanas and the Forsaken, he, despite, in his opinion, generous plans, sees Sylvanas as a rival to the new future of the undead. Partly due to the fact, that, in his opinion, the new undead should revere their former master Nerzul, not forget. However, Mal'Kezar himself does not yet know that soon his undead will have to fight against hordes of sea creatures."

What did ChatGPT respond:

"Title: Warcraft IV: Echoes of Destiny

Introduction: Warcraft IV: Echoes of Destiny picks up two decades after the cataclysmic events set in motion by Illidan's ritual in Dalaran. Azeroth remains scarred, the Alliance and Horde teeter on the brink of conflict, and a new, insidious threat emerges from the depths. As tensions flare between the races, a young hero named Alan, the secret son of Arthas and Jaina, finds himself torn between his upbringing and the unfolding events that threaten to plunge the world into chaos once again.

Act 1 - A Fragile Peace: The story begins with Alan, now a skilled and conflicted young man, training in the heart of Stormwind. Haunted by his past and uncertain of his lineage, he grapples with his beliefs and prejudices while learning the ways of combat and strategy. As tensions rise between the Alliance and Horde, Alan is sent on a diplomatic mission to negotiate a fragile peace between the two factions. Along the way, he encounters old and new faces, each with their own perspectives on the ongoing conflict.

Act 2 - Unveiling the Depths: While Alan works to navigate the delicate balance between the Alliance and Horde, reports of mysterious disappearances and strange occurrences reach both factions. As whispers of ancient darkness awaken, the true nature of the threat becomes clear: the naga, led by their powerful queen Azshara, have launched a massive invasion from the Maelstrom. Cities along the coast are under siege, and the tides of war threaten to engulf Azeroth once more.

Alan, now a battle-hardened leader, must rally his allies and confront his own inner demons as he faces the daunting task of uniting the Alliance and Horde against the naga onslaught. Jaina, recognizing the gravity of the situation, reveals Alan's true parentage, setting in motion a personal journey of self-discovery and forging a unique connection between the young hero and the shattered legacy of his father.

Act 3 - Shattered Unity: With the combined forces of the Alliance and Horde, Alan leads a daring campaign against the Naga invaders. As battles rage on land and sea, he discovers a shadowy figure orchestrating the naga's advance - Mal'Kezar, the ancient lich who seeks to reshape the future of the undead. Torn between the idealistic vision of his mother's foster son and the ancient allegiance he feels towards his true lineage, Alan must navigate the treacherous waters of loyalty, morality, and destiny.

As the conflict intensifies, Alan's experiences on the battlefield force him to confront his prejudices and reevaluate his understanding of the Horde and its inhabitants. Through his actions, he sparks a fragile understanding between the Alliance and Horde, forging a tenuous unity that is tested by the relentless naga assault and internal dissension within each faction.

Act 4 - Convergence of Fates: The climactic battle against the naga unfolds beneath the crashing waves of the Maelstrom, where Alan confronts Azshara and Mal'Kezar in a final showdown. Drawing on the combined strength of the Alliance, Horde, and his own inner resolve, Alan must find a way to defeat these formidable foes and put an end to their plans to reshape Azeroth.

In a bittersweet victory, Alan emerges victorious but at great cost. The world is forever changed, scars of war marring its surface once more. The newfound unity between the Alliance and Horde teeters on the brink of collapse, and as the dust settles, Alan must grapple with the complexities of his heritage, his role in shaping Azeroth's future, and the sacrifices made to ensure its survival.

Epilogue: The world of Azeroth stands at a crossroads, its future uncertain yet filled with the potential for growth and renewal. Alan, having come to terms with his identity and forged his own path, now leads the charge in rebuilding and healing the wounds inflicted by war. The lessons learned from the echoes of destiny serve as a testament to the enduring spirit of Azeroth and its diverse inhabitants, hinting at the possibility of a brighter tomorrow.

Note: This plot is a creative interpretation and not an official scenario from Blizzard Entertainment. It incorporates the provided facts while introducing new characters, conflicts, and story elements."

Conclusion:

I have seen a lot of generations on the subject of the Warcraft 4 plot from neural networks, and despite the fact that the GPT text in this generation is still quite abstract, I am pleased that the neural network quite accurately transferred the previously written facts to the story, and although I’m not entirely happy with how he ended the story, especially the situation with Mal’Kezar, who, according to my idea, should appear more in the plot and of course not help the Nagas, it turned out quite tolerably on the whole, and even gave me food for thought.
Now I have a desire to seriously develop such a campaign, ChatGpt gave me a couple of ideas, but I will not copy them.

Thanks to everyone who has read so far. I hope someday I'll appear again with some interesting (or not) posts, that won't be related to issues with World Editor, Triggers etc.