• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing Primary Attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I wanna know if there is any way to modify Hero primary attribute, actualy I need only swaping betwen STR and AGI.

Since I know that that can be done with using Morph abilities... I dont want to use them..

And if it possible can someone write down that here or post a link.

TY.

Level 5
What precisely do you mean by changing primary attribute?

If you actually mean Primary Attribute, as in the entry for a Hero in the Object Editor, I think your only way is to swap to a different Hero unit entirely.

Alternatively, Metamorphosis might be used with the alternate hero having a different Primary Attribute? That might work...

Level 3
U need to have two diffrent units for each attribute and then make tirgger to swap units. Metamorphosis and other morph abilities, as far as i know, cant replace primary attribute (try this: make metamorph swap mounting king into blood mage and u will end up with blood mage with strenght for primary attribute)

Level 5
:p You are all saying what i said : " i think replacing / morphing is the only way in GUI "

Indeed, but we actually speculated on how it could be done and delved into options.

Replacing is the only feasible method I can see. Drop items from the old hero, remove the old hero, create a new hero with relative HP and Mana with same position and facing angle, move all the old items into the new hero. Can all be done instantly and with one trigger.

You may also need to set the stats of the new Hero if you like.

Level 5
Nice. Had a laugh with that one.

Anyway, to give a simple and brief answer, No. You cannot modify the Primary Attribute in-game. You can, however, as stated numerous times previously, use seperate units to create the illusion of doing so...

I actually gave a full example of how this might be done here.

(P.S. Omfg you came off as rude in your post! :grin: )

Status
Not open for further replies.