• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing or removing the cancel button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there anyway to change the hot-key of the "cancel" ability present in the spell book?

Or is there anyway to completely remove it?

I have triggered something else when the player presses the escape key. But "cancel spell book" has the hot-key as escape. So it closes a spell book if it is open which, I don't want.

Will the cancel button still work when I press escape if I add 12 spells in the spell book so that the "cancel spell book" ability gets pushed out of the spell book?

Level 20
You would have to FAKE the spellbook.

Basically your hero has the spellbook with the abilities but it's disabled for that player. YOu have to add a Fake spellbook ability.

When you press the Fake-Spellbook, you select a Unit with the abilities you want. The unit has no cancel icon, so, you're good. Whatever order is given to that unit, order your hero to do the same.

Of course, you have to disable movement, attack, hold position, move, and patrol for the Spellbook-unit

Level 7
You would have to FAKE the spellbook.

Basically your hero has the spellbook with the abilities but it's disabled for that player. YOu have to add a Fake spellbook ability.

When you press the Fake-Spellbook, you select a Unit with the abilities you want. The unit has no cancel icon, so, you're good. Whatever order is given to that unit, order your hero to do the same.

Of course, you have to disable movement, attack, hold position, move, and patrol for the Spellbook-unit

Whats a fake spellbook? Is there no way to edit the warcraft-3 editor and find the cancel button?

When we add 12 abilites to the spellbook, the cancelbuttons moves out of the spellbook. But would that still work?

Level 20
There's no way to remove Cancel Button from Spellbook. It will always be closed with ESC, that's a Wc3 default. If adding 12 abilities to the spellbook works for you, then that's your way. If it doesn't, wait for someone to help you further. I can't help you right now with the fake spellbook thing

Level 3
you can use fake spellbook, wich mean you need to use another unit with 12 ability. When a hero open a spellbook order the triggering player to select those unit with 12 ability. And when the player press the escape button while selecting that unit just simply order the triggering player again to select the hero...

Note: You must place the unit somewhere hidden in your map, and make every spell have global cast range... If you want to cast a spell like carrion swarm, simply just order a dummy to do that

Level 14
you can use fake spellbook, wich mean you need to use another unit with 12 ability. When a hero open a spellbook order the triggering player to select those unit with 12 ability. And when the player press the escape button while selecting that unit just simply order the triggering player again to select the hero...

Note: You must place the unit somewhere hidden in your map, and make every spell have global cast range... If you want to cast a spell like carrion swarm, simply just order a dummy to do that

way to repeat exactly what spart said ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.