• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing Observer PlayerState into User PlayerState Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I was able to make a Player into an Observer using the following Custom Script action:

JASS:
call SetPlayerState( udg_PlayerVariable, PLAYER_STATE_OBSERVER, 1)

Is it possible to do it inversely? Meaning can you change someone who has been changed into an Observer via the above action into a Player/User again?

EDIT: On a side-note, sorry if I submitted to the wrong section. Only realized until now I placed it in the wrong section possibly.

Level 7
I don't think it's possible, because observers aren't counted as real players.

andPlayerwill crash if you input too high of a number.

Thank you for the relatively quick response.

The problem is that they are originally Players/Users at the start. The Player becomes Observer status during the game.

Is it still impossible if they're initially User-converted Observers? Ultimately, that's what I would like to get out of this thread. To be unsure about the situation is difficult to ascertain whether it's possible or not.

Level 7
I forgot, are observers like extra players? or is it an option you can select in b.net, and will replace an active player?

If the latter, this is how you should do it.

JASS:
call SetPlayerState(p, PLAYER_STATE_OBSERVER, 1)
call SetPlayerState(p, PLAYER_STATE_OBSERVER, 0) // reverse

Observers take up Player slots, so I think they essentially become an Active Player.

Thanks, will try and see if it works.

[Double-Post]

Yes, it worked. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.