• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Changin Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I tried to do an change terrain thing but it dont work.
  • TerrainDissapearing
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Center of Region 007 <gen>)) Equal to Barrens - Grass
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) to Black Citadel - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Square
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Center of Region 006 <gen>)) Equal to Barrens - Grass
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Region 006 <gen>) to Black Citadel - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 006 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Center of Region 007 <gen>)) Equal to Black Citadel - Dirt
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) to Barrens - Grass using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Center of Region 006 <gen>)) Equal to Black Citadel - Dirt
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Region 006 <gen>) to Barrens - Grass using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 006 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I dont care about leaks now.I can fix later, then, dont say *it leaks*

Level 28
I think the reason is simple:

First you check if the tileset of 2 specific locations are Grass.
If that is true, then the tileset of those locations becomes Dirt.

Immeadiately after those actions, you check if the tileset of those same locations are dirt, which of course would be true, because it has been changed in the previous action.
Then it changes back to Grass, like it was before the trigger started.

You won't see any change that way, so what's the point of this trigger?

Of course, if my 'idea' is correct, you would still see the special effects... if you don't see those, it maybe has to do with the tilesets.

Level 12
Change the effect, if I recall, that one isn't a super crazy easy effect to see. So post 2 is right, your changing, checking, then changing again. Change the effects to something visable, like ToonBoom or MoonsoonBolt for everyother one to see if its just not apearing, or if post 2 is correct. (Money is on post #2)

Level 28
Change the effect, if I recall, that one isn't a super crazy easy effect to see. So post 2 is right, your changing, checking, then changing again. Change the effects to something visable, like ToonBoom or MoonsoonBolt for everyother one to see if its just not apearing, or if post 2 is correct. (Money is on post #2)

Tried that, still trying to get it work, but unfortunately it doesn't work correctly...
Even I can't figure out this problem, it would've been my next answer though, so it's a possibility xD

Edit:
Fuck me, stupid mistake - I'll add the trigger here in a few moments ^^

Edit 2:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>)) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>) to Lordaeron Summer - Rock using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>)) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Rock
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>) to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Square
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>)) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Rock
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>) to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Square
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of terrain 1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Terrain type at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>)) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt
                • Then - Actions
                  • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>) to Lordaeron Summer - Rock using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Square
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Terrain 2 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
This works for me, so there should be something wrong with your regions, use a game message to see what part of the trigger works (set a message after the first condition, if you can see it, that works and do that for the whole trigger).

Level 12
I am win, because this WORKED!!!!

• Terrain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area))) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt using variation 1 in an area of size 10 and shape Square
          • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg("It haz workzored")
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of (Playable map area)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area))) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Grassy Dirt
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation 1 in an area of size 50 and shape Circle
              • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg("It haz workzored")
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of (Playable map area)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
            • Else - Actions
Edit: Bite me ap0calypse, figuring this out before me.....

Level 8
Hehe, ap0calypse win, because he was the first with the right solution,and coolty, you dont need an if/then/else in the else actions.+rep to ap0calypse.

Edit:Sry ap0calypse, i cant +rep you because i already +rep you, so, im going to rep coolty, hehe

Level 8
Bahh, i have another question and I dont want to create another thread :hohum:
here it is:
  • Cryptloop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 002 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 005 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Region 001 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 002 <gen>)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Region 002 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 003 <gen>)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Region 003 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Region 004 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 005 <gen>)
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Region 005 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
                            • Else - Actions
The unit doesnt walk all trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.