• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Icon into auto-face unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone,#

I've been searching for a while for a unit model, that can have any .blp s as textures and is auto-facing to the user.
For those who remember: this was featured in the Nature's Call: Return of the Dragons - Credits map.
I tried to export these models, but none of the tools could do it, because of some texture issues...
I also converted an icon to a unit (simple procedure), but of course its 3 dimensional, thus not autofacing.
for those who search for the technique i already found on this site:

Icon as Object

But since i saw the unit in the RotD campain, it has to be possible, so I'm not satisfied with this solution.
Thanks for any replies and sry for my english ;)

Level 1
Here are some screenshots from the RotD campain buttons.
I made them in the world editor, so no triggers are interfering.
As you can see, although I change the point of view, the buttons are still displaid as 2 dimensional.

@ baassee:
There is no base model to be used in the world editor in this version, because the models are imported seperatly for each icon.
But it has to be possible to change the model in a model editor, right?

I think the dummy.mdx you mean is the one i reffered to, or am I wrong?
Could you give me a link? I didn't stumble across anything relevant.

screen 1

screen 2

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.