• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can add tiles to custom tileset but not select to use them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
I based a custom tileset on Felwood and have been trying to add additional tiles to it. Once I go over a certain number of tiles (far less than the limit of 16, usually 5-7 depending on how long I've been mucking with it) the most recently added tiles are no longer... clickable. Clicking on these tiles in the terrain palette just defaults back to selecting one of the tiles far to the left in the tileset. I can't actually place these tiles because it places the other one it chose to select instead (though both remain green-shaded on the UI to indicate that they're selected).

I can switch the order so the newer one is before the one it's defaulting to and then place that new tile without issue, but both are not placeable simultaneously. It also happens in a blank map with no imports???

Last edited:
Level 9
I had the same problem, all of a sudden i couldn't place the lorderon grass tile on my map. I suggest to make a backup of your map. What i did to be able to place it again was to remove the tile, add it again and then change the order. I needed to to this more than once and the bug still return some time. I dont know if this works with a complete tileset. I think that this may be caused by similar tiles(i added green grass and yellow grass, and lava cracks and dungeon cracks)
Also the map tileset is felwood or is another?

Level 28
It's not just terrain: Trying to click the Start Location (right-most of the bottom line) for humans forces a selection of the Guard Tower instead in the melee units menu and of Jaina in the campaign units menu, Pig farm for campaign Orcs, Haunted Gold Mine for melee Undead and Frostmourne Pedestal for campaign, Night Elf Fishing Village for Night Elf campaign.

Level 39
Hmm, sounds like it's some sort of recent editor bug, then. Yes the base tileset was Felwood when created. I got all 16 tiles working by resetting the tileset to the standard felwood then just adding tiles one at a time and testing in between; once I got to 16 I used the replace tile feature to swap out for the ones I actually wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.