• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hello, I want to make a little camera trick. I want to make it look like a unit is knocked down from a first person perspective. I found a way to do this, however I need to change the method I use.

I create 3 cameras on the same position, then I increase the angle of attack of 2 of the cameras to 354 which is just above the ground. And then I change the roll value of the 3rd camera by 90. And I then apply them in order to make the camera trick. And I obviously fade out at the same time. However, this only works if I preset the cameras, which I can't do. I need to modify both the focusing point of the cameras (which is possible) AND the rotation of the camera which is impossible as far as I know.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 4.00
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Camera 003 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.70 seconds
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 0.60 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 1.00 seconds
Ideas?

Attachments

• cam death trick.w3m
    16.4 KB · Views: 49
Level 12
This?

• Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to ((Rotation of (Current camera)) + 90.00) over 1.00 seconds
or simpler

• Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to 180.00 over 1.00 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.