• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Caelum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
My latest work, was trying to make a peaceful hanging garden in a sky tower, far above the earth. I do personally like it very much. Hope you enjoy it as well :)

Attachments

• Caelum 2.png
    Caelum 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Level 36
Overall, it looks beautiful but the only out-of-place part are those tiles that you used as walls. I dunno, something just tells me that they are weird and they do no belong in there. Oh and, try adding some statue of a women or something in the middle of that garden, I think it will be better.

Somehow I knew someone would comment about those tiles :p Yeah they sort of contrast to the otherwise singular color of the structure, but personally I like it. Unless I am going to make any major changes I wont do anything about it.

Level 9
Idea is good but the choice of material is poor. You have high-res platforms contrasting badly with overstretched low-res "Naboo" walls, wooden and clay roof on the stone walls... The half-arc supporting it just kills me, there are so many ways to make a better support... And if my eyes do not deceive me, you've used only 1 type of vines out of 3.

My proposal -- leave the hexagon platform in the center intact, remove roof from corridor and completely delete that thing in foreground. Then spend a few days tinkering and make something complex.

Level 36
You should add some cool light like Megafyr does (The sky looks plain ATM) (Don't add lands beneath, would look bad but, maybe a dragon flaying). You could add flowers at the window, that would be lovely. Other then that, it looks decent, i like it :)

Truth be told, I've never understood how Megafyr and raid makes those light effect, talking about rays comming from the location of the sun, like in raid's "Cogs" terrain. If SOMEONE could fill me in on this matter, I might just see if I can do something about it :p

Level 18
i like the structure very much. its unique and well placed.

only thing is that i can see the bend of the Cloud model, and it looks strange. Perhaps expand the cloud model or something so that the clouds dont seem so arcked in the appearance of a circle.

and special effects would be nice =)

Level 36
Update.

Worked a lot on it, so I hope you like it better now :)
Apparently I suck at lighting, so this is the best light effects you will get, for now.
And it also seems like I cant edit it any further, for reasons I dont care to explain.
So this really is the final one.

Level 10
i have to say i have a feeling of Prince of Persia: Sands of time coming out in that but i like it though the only thing i don't like is the table and chairs it just seems some what not needed . . . but other wise really nice

Level 36
i have to say i have a feeling of Prince of Persia: Sands of time coming out in that but i like it though the only thing i don't like is the table and chairs it just seems some what not needed . . . but other wise really nice

Hey, the people who built this tower should want to have SOMETHING back for building it, the least they get is a nice place to eat their dinner, inside. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.