• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Movement - Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello.

I have a building that I would like to have lowered into the ground so only the top of the building is visible above the ground.

In the object editor, I decrease the field: Movement - Height into - 100.

In the editor the building is lowered as I want it to be.

But ingame, the building is in it's ordinary way.

What can I do to make the building be lowered ingame?

Level 16
1. Set unit is a structure to no
2. Change flying height
3. Place your units/buildings
4. Set unit is a structure to yes

This way works only in editor <for me>. If this way doesn't work for you, do following:

1. Create your building.
2. Set ''Is a Building'' to false
3. Set movement type to ''Hover''
4. Change fly height

Note: Buildings won't be able to move and it's pathing will ''work''.

Look at the image:
60605d1247659368-building-movement-height-untitled.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for your help.

How do I do to make the building be buildable and when the building is completed, it is lowered into the ground?

For example, the farm above on the picture. Is it possible to make the peasents build those kind of farms?

Level 10
Create dummy building that can be built.

After that, just implement this trigger:
  • Building Fix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to <Dummy Building>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Constructed structure) with a <Flying Building> using The new unit's max life and mana

But will the <flying-building> that is added via the trigger be lowered? Or do I have to make the <flying-building> a unit?

Level 13
could you do this ?

>unit begins construction (or whatever event you want)
create special effect attached to (find where is down spot to attach,try CHEST) using <model file of your structure>
animation -set color or (your structure) to 100,100,100 and 100 transparency

100 transparency makes your structure invisible,but not the attacked thing too,change your model file of building to (standard item box,like claws of attack + 15)

im not sure on what model file can attachment work,but i think it cant on the same one

i think structures can only be with 0 height and only UNITS with movement type hover can have negative height in game

and best way.....
make your structure use model - Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostArmor\FrostArmorTarget.mdl,( 0 red,0 green,0 blue)

create unit that has movement type hover,your negative height,your model file and locus ability,(locus ability makes units like corpses with all body)
create that unit on your real structure
or create parliament corpse of that unit with trigger action

this are just ways to make it stay structure

Level 13
If you attach model to unit/building with 100% transparency, your attachment model won't be visible.

Attachments have same vertex color as unit/building you attached.

Yes, you are right.
Units with ''Fly'' movement type can use negative height, but it's collision and pathing will be ignored.

no,it must use hover to have negative movement and pathing map should stay

if you attach model on unit and than change his transparency shouldn't it not change attachment´s color?

Level 13
i forgot ........if you use model file (item) you will not need to change color if attached structure effect will cover the item´s model file
but what position makes attachments down?i have no idea...

or use sobe other model,btw what model does his structure have?

kabel can you send picture from WE so we can see how you want it to look in game?

Level 10
Perhaps it is a bit silly, but I want the stronghold to be lowered into the groud. It kinda makes it look like a complete new building. And it fits well for my Goblin race and I need it as a troop-producition building.

The Stronghold on the picture is lowered by -58.

Attachments

• stronghold.jpg
    stronghold.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 156
Level 13
Perhaps it is a bit silly, but I want the stronghold to be lowered into the groud. It kinda makes it look like a complete new building. And it fits well for my Goblin race and I need it as a troop-producition building.

The Stronghold on the picture is lowered by -58.
great,just make UNIT with movement type hover,set you height and add Locus ability to that unit,put that unit on your structure

for your real structure use model file that is invisible WHEN you set his colors to 0

you can use first model file from abilities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.