• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug report

Bug report thread

Here you can post any bugs that you come across while playing the game. When posting a bug, remember to include the version number and describe how the bug can be reproduced (if possible). Images are also appreciated.

Known bugs are:
  • Airplanes will sometimes get stuck in circles when moving to a point. This is an issue with Wc3 and not with the airplane system itself. You can regain control of them by reissuing the order.
  • During long single player games, the resource system will sometimes stop working. Symptoms of this are things like multiboards not changing, buildings not finishing construction, unit production not draining resources, etc. This is a low-repro bug which is likely caused by a struct leak in the AI.
  • Zombies can infect dinosaurs, causing them to transform into giant zombies. Although hilarious, this is not supposed to happen.
  • In multiplayer games, having the last player surrender to you will not cause the game to end. This will be fixed in the near future.

Level 11
It was Version 1.8f

After researching Zombie Overlord, the resource system stopped working.

I did not gain any biomass production despite having 21 cities captured.

Not sure if this was intentional but there was a random limit on the amount of zombies I could produce per city. (I'm assume it may be proportional to the amount of biomass.

Hmm, that's funny... i have tested it multiple times, and it works for me! What slot were you playing as? Also, yes, zombies cost biomass, i think it is 100 each. It is possible that i forgot to add a tooltip for this. If you are producing zombies in the mean time, it is possible that your biomass production will even out with this expense. I purposely made it so that zombies get quite little biomass since it is easy enough for them to just gain more zombies from killing infantry or capturing cities, and this is really the way they should be played.

Level 11
I was United States. However, I don't believe it is the standard resource bug since the game was still quite early. Indeed, there was no tool tip for this cost. The weird thing is, however, I had no biomass to begin with yet was still able to produce zombies. At least it seems that way, since it kept spamming the lack of biomass message and the biomass remained zero without any change.

Is it supposed to show increases and decreases like the resource system? I will report back after playing a few more games to confirm if the resource bug is really the fault of the zombie feature.

Level 19
I had another crashed game but before that my money went down to -739 if I'm not mistaken in the leaderboard without being able to research and repair only.
I have uploaded the crash file here.

Attachments

• 2017-04-27 22.19.15 Error.txt
    71.3 KB · Views: 115
Ahh, the good ol' "out of memory exception"... probably caused by a leak somewhere.

I think i might know the source of this, and i have prepared a hotfix for it: basically, the multiboard system updates all fields three times per second, regardless of whether the value has changed or not. This shouldn't be a big issue, but as it happens, wc3 strings tend to produce unavoidable leaks. I changed the system so that fields only update when the value is updated, hopefully it will sort this out (and maybe reduce late-game lag as well).

Level 11
It was version 1.8H.

It was quite late in game. The anti-ballistic turrets does not attack the nukes at all. Every time the nukes came, no projectiles from anti-ballistic turrets were seen. This has happened for two whole games.

Another bug was that China's ranger squads became invulnerable. We do not know how this happened.

The only thing I can say was that he was spamming a lot of gas troopers, anti-air, and helicopters against my turret trench when it happened.

Level 11
Here you go. I don't know the exact time it happened. But it happened near the end of this replay.

Edit: We found a new bug in 1.8i. It crashes when someone becomes zombie overlord.

Attachments

• RUSSIA WON BUGS EVETYEJRR.w3g
    1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 19
Just dropping by to say that the negative resources still occurring in v1.8h but I haven't tested it in the new version. I'll try if I can recreate it. It usually happens when the games are long.