• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Browser problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
My friend told me his internet connecton is not working , he called his provider but he said the problem is not by them , it is in his computer...
Well ICQ and Skype is working... but Firefox , Chrome , Opera and IE isnt...
Then i had an idea... i told him to set up a proxy in Firefox. I sended him an IP and he activated the proxy , after that it worked... Firefox was working as ussualy without problems but only with a proxy activated.

Why cant he run the browser without a proxy ?
Sorry for my bad English i hope my message is at least a bit understandable.

Level 7
He downloaded CCleaner and cleaned up anything under IE , Firefox , including Cookie... it didnt work.
Maybe its realy blocked somehow...

Level 7
If he has a firewall, make sure that Port 80 isn't blocked. Port 80 is what is used by web browsers to connect to the internet, but not by other things that require internet like Skype or torrent programs.

Or just tell him to uninstall the firewall and that may fix it if he can't figure out how to unblock Port 80.

If that doesn't work, try this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=internet+not+working+in+web+browsers+but+works+in+other+programs

Level 34
What exactly is happening when you try and run a browser without a proxy? It says there's no internet connection?

Level 7
What exactly is happening when you try and run a browser without a proxy? It says there's no internet connection?

Server not Found
Check if the adress is writen corect
Check your internet connection
Check firewall and proxy settings
He doesnt have Firefox in english so i translated the message a bit , i tryed to turn his firewall off and then try it , didnt help , deleted all cookies , nothing helped.

Level 7
It sounds weird but... 5 minutes ago i had the same problem as my friend.
I was playing Fallout 3 and quit the game, it got lagged and i had to CTRL+ALT+DELETE quit it , after that i opened the browser and it didnt work but the internet was connected...

So i tryed to activate proxy in firefox and... it worked... i had the SAME problem as my friend with the exception that it lasted just 10minutes but theres something that will maybe help... We have 3 computers here , one belongs to me , the internet was working on all computers , the browser didnt... I tryed to disconnect my computer from the internet if the problem is by me , it was not my faulth (this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.