• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bosses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I suspect the final boss will be Tyrael himself. The fact that at the start of D3, something has fallen from the heavens. He must have been punished for his failure and what he did to the world stone.. heh heh.. or he must be up to something no good even from the start...

Level 9
I suspect the final boss will be Tyrael himself. The fact that at the start of D3, something has fallen from the heavens. He must have been punished for his failure and what he did to the world stone.. heh heh.. or he must be up to something no good even from the start...

I think the fact that the diablo III website has tyrael stretched across the screen speaks for itself.

Ofc, it may not be him, but the chances are low.

Level 35
well...I suppose that while it has started up again...

Tyrael as the final boss: I don't really think that will happen...then again Blizzard is notorious for forcing the lore to go their way despite what logic says.

He has become something of an icon for the fans of Light in the series, heck, better than the Naaru. People might get kinda miffed if their favourite good guy goes postal.

Level 4
Diablo being end boss would make sense, but the World Stone was like the life blood of Sanctuary. I theorize that the boss right before Diablo in his probably demon/angel form, will be, a group of Angels that were corrupted by Hell. Hell, they might even call themselves 'The Chosen' or something along that line.

Level 18
To the people who say Diablo wont be the boss:

Tell me wtf is this then:

diablo3cinematictrailerkp3.png

Level 23
That is the cinematic trailer footage. Note how diablo has became somewhat a hydralike creature. But it doesnt say anything actuallly. When I saw the video steamed from BlizzCon, everyone cheered as soon as they saw him, because they knew it was diablo, thus revealing diablo 3. The boss might not be himself. But sure, it could be. At least along the road...

Level 5
First thing; Tyrael will not be evil (he is one of the coolest character Blizzard has made). I think will not be like Arthas or Kerrigan corruption, Blizzard has much more twists in the story.
Yes, Tyrael will be punished that's why he is casted out from the Sanctuary.

Second; that Hydra-like demon is not Diablo, its Belial (The Lord of Lies). It's his true form with three mouths (which means more lies).

Third; that archangel in D3 website is not Tyrael, its Imperius (Archangel of War). If you happen to see the trailer, there is a comet heading straight to the tall building in the town, its Imperius heading right to get Tyrael (who happens to be in there to consult Cain some important matters about the Sanctuary). And i believe that Tyrael's face is COMPLETELY Invisible, that archangel guy's face in the D3 website is partially visible. One of the cinematics in D2 shows that Tyrael's hood is cloth not metal. The armor is different because in D2 he has glowing gold set and the sexy wings seem to be incomplete.
D3 will be like you and Tyrael fighting side by side against the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.
Diablo WILL return to be a final boss (again). The 'Thousand Pounder' and 'Siegebreaker Assault Beast' will be like level bosses. Lilith will appear too. The place where the worldstone once stayed is where demons will pour out from the Burning Hells. You can see it on the trailer.
Anyway, D3 will be SUPRA COOL (a whole new level of super).

And if you still wanna know about D3 plot or Diablo Lore check this site: Has Tyrael been working with the Prime Evils from the start? - Diablo 3 & Diablo 2 Forums
I got all these information here.

D3 rock on!

Last edited:
Level 3
A good boss would have to be some sort of Grim Reaper (But in you know..like god form..)
or possibly some form of the titans (roman)

Level 5
I think the bosses would likely be:
1. DIABLO
2. Belial
3. Lilith
4. Azmodan
5. IMPERIUS
6. other level bosses

Level 5
Tyrael doesn't refuse to return to the heavens but it is Imperius who prevents him to go back. On the other hand, the High Heavens will NOT accept Tyrael coz' he went against the wishes of heaven and gave the Horadrim the original soulstones in order to trap Diablo and his brothers.

Or, instead of uber-maxed damage and hitpoints, they could add environmental weaknesses, such as having a barbarian quickly bash a column with a large statue on it, so the statue comes down and hits a spot on the boss that you can't reach, stunning it or making it bleed.

OR

Having the Witch Doctor cast his 'fear' spell near a bunch of the bosses underlings, so they run blindly into some sort of 'explosives', hopefully doing a good deal of damage to the boss.

Hell, you could just have some bosses require big 'combination' effects to kill it, like a fireball and a seismic slam or something.

Level 5
Yeah. D3 should not be mindless hack and slash (again), it should be some kind of strategic gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.