• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] BoardGameType Moving System Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need ideas,... on the best way to make a moving system that moves the players, after they roll( i dont need hlep with the rolling part) to move them on the board according to the dice value. I realised its going to take alot of regions.... but the only way i found out it could work,.. would be nearly 10,000 lines of trigger... which is insane.

anyone have an idea how to make a effective moving system?

Level 2
So your trying to make players roll and then move them on the board according to dice value....maybe you could do it through an array...have each row as an array and have the unit ordered to move to the centre of a region in accordance with the number which they rolled and the number in which that then co-ordinates with inside the array? That may sound a bit complex lol...someone else might have a less...messy solution.

Level 2
its more complicated then just using arrays.... cause its gottah detect where the unit is located(what region), then it has to detect where to move based on the roll and location. it gets relaly complicated.

Level 11
You have to use arrays, i'm sure.
Number every square on the board in a logical order. To every unit, "attach" an integer variable, that stores the number of the current square. When you roll, count which region shuold they move to, and set the units integer to that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.