• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] blood and magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Are you want DSBTN icon with and without cost too? I thought it can be same..just copy and rename "gnome with cost" - "gnome"
Maybe icons for researching must be more different from units icons? Units - like original 3D button, research - like warcraft style with framework.. Soon I'll try to show what I mean..

Last edited:
Level 21
i cant actually copy a file inside the import manager. the cost in blood and magic however is only on the enabled icon. blood and magic uses 3 icons for most units: 1 research icon without cost that is used for the unit, 1 transformation icon with cost that is only used on the transform menu and 1 icon that shows that it is disabled. in warcraft 3 however each btn icon needs its own disbtn icon that shares name with the btn. i will work more on the map closer to the weekend.

Level 3
Ok. Recently I've done 1 icon for command - movie. So it's work) on weekend will try to do more - attack/stop icons=)

Level 3
Ok, I will see it tonight
Hm. Bug with expirience again - cleric heal give a 5 exp=)

Last edited:
Level 21
one issue i have encountered is that the gnome icon only works in the editor and in the game it appears black. so much for trying to keep a weekly update but here it is. i have added some more regions and fixed some mapping bugs. i will try to find time to add more terrain effect areas so hopefully i will get a new version uploaded next week as well.

Attachments

• bam web mountains5.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 3
It's very strange - some mistic crash for gnome icon...
Hm - my last icon 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM in message work correctly - icon with cost.

Level 3
Yes - old icon - BTNGnome for research ability still dont working . BTNGnomewithcost for unit create - work correctly. Maybe soon I'll try to finish iconpack all creatures and buttons.

Attachments

• bam web mountains5.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
Level 21
i finally got the game running again and i tested the map you uploaded. research still shows a black icon for the gnome. i will post a new version with new stuff. i am currently in the process of improving the game master unit.(i will publish a version without game master as well but not in this topic.) it took me a bit longer than expected to fix some bugs but there is more that i will fix before next update.(takes a while to fix.) i want help with creating ai so that i can add computers to all player slots.

Attachments

• bam web mountains6.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 3
In last version I found bug - uncorrlectly commands. If you select a unit and give him order to move\attack the build\unit - your unit will stoped immediately. If your unit was in transformed form (ranger, gnome, cleric...etc.) - he will stoped and immediately retransformed in basal golem. Very strange bug
And heal ability still give experience=)

Level 21
so much for trying to keep a weekly update but here it is at last. it took some time to figure out a trigger. now the obelisks can be given orders that transforms them directly into basal golems and then cause them to move or attack.

Attachments

• bam web mountains6.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Level 21
i will try to release a bigger update next week to compensate for my lack of update this week. i am working on placing foundations that are buildings on the map but, i need to trigger each build site manually so it is days of work plus that warcraft 3 doesnt start at the moment so i cant test it. i will start working on it when i have tested 1 site and gotten it working perfectly. in the mean time you are welcome to test the last update.

Level 21
earlier weekly update than usual but i am still planning to do a weekly update on saturday as well. foundations are added as buildings and they vanish when mystical sites are constructed but return when mystical sites are destroyed.

Attachments

• bam web mountains7.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
Level 3
I just see latest version! Good progress! It's still some bugs - for examples - when basal golem\with artifact - transfrormed - artifact will lost. At the moment I cant remember what rules was in original game - in your map metapods and obelisks - are buildings and can be repeared by gnome like crypt or barraks.. etc. Is that correct? Use tome of teleportation adding expiriens to player. Same problem still with use healing.
About foundations - it's very cool that now it can be visibale! But once I builded structure with some displacement. Maybe possible create a trigger for "build only on creep terrain" (like undead) for more fixation. I red manual for adding pictures like new terrain. Maybe it can be good soulution for this problem. Add foundation not like a unit, but like terrain effect those will active with starting the game. And I'm sure that area for building - foundation need in fixation for no-displacement. In present time (I think) player hard to understand how to correctly arrange his basal golems...
Hmm - start for AI? So hard big and importance work...

Screen of foundation

Attachments

• found.JPG
    found.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 99
Level 21
i know about that item bug but at the moment i dont know how to fix it and topics about it didnt bring results. the problem with the foundation being incorrectly placed is known and i will fix it. here is a version where i have tried to fix some of the issues but despite changing stats to make the obelisk targetable with a healing spell it still cant be healed.(the game acts like it isnt there.) i tried to make units drop items before transforming and also tried to make the item transfer to the new unit but it didnt work. you are welcome to take a look at it. the teleport tome is meant to give experience because it gives that in blood and magic.

Attachments

• bam web mountains bugged.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
Level 3
Oh...and if a player will give a command to obelisk - just simple mouseclick - obelisk/basal golem will lose his artifact too....Maybe use for transform into the obelisk a standart skill "druid/bear form"?

Level 21
i have created a help topic about the issues but if i dont get help here i will ask on other forums. i hope to get the issues fixed before the weekly update on saturday. i have made so much progress on this project that i refuse to give it up. there was once a model for the foundation but the creator appears to be dead. a user here have agreed to create models for me but i have to finish the gameplay first.

Last edited:
Level 21
here is a small fix for the healing problem but as for the item transfer issue: all of my attempts to fix it myself fails and nobody want to help me fix it. instead they try to fix issues that isnt there. you could try to respond to the topic in order to try to get people to respond to it. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/could-anybody-help-me-map-245334/
another thing i forgot to tell you is that i will now resume work on map so you can expect an update on saturday.

Attachments

• bam web mountains7.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 21
here is the weekly update as promised. i found a workaround for the item issue so that the item gets moved to the closest unit or building instead of being lost.(i am still trying it fix it so that it becomes like the real game but my deadline is up so i will try to fix it before next week.) i also added the remove spell. also added the missing inventory to the wizard.

Attachments

• bam web mountains7.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Level 21
i am done fixing the item issue but, while i have checked the triggers i havent tested the map fully so, if you find any bugs please let me know and i will fix them as fast as possible. i shortened some triggers so there is less lines of code to save and that is why the map is smaller.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 3
What about food requirements? I see 300 units limit, but Golems\Obelisks are not consume it. New ability "remove spell" is good)))

Level 21
blood and magic doesnt have a unit cap so i might just remove it. i am currently working on adding the fury so when i am done with that i will post my weekly update. i have also added some bug fixes. if you dont respond to this topic today i will post the new version in this post.

Level 3
Hm....Blood and magic must have a unit limit. Maybe only on some misson maps. Very long time ago I played in mission for Nuts and bolts and I was able to create only about 130-150 basal golems. Maybe I'll tested it's in original game.
Here I tried to make a command buttons. Without DISBTN, but it will be added. How it's looks?

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
Level 21
the fury is added but it was a lot of strain on my mind. i tested the fury triggers on another pc but i didnt test it in the map itself because warcraft 3 wont start on my development pc until i reboot but i have checked them out. i will keep publishing hotfixes through the week if i discover a bug though. if you find any bugs just tell me and i will fix them as fast as possible.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
Level 3
Hmm...what about bags - a units can move through obelisks - is that correct? And one of the old but important bag - all units has abilityes for transformed near the buildings. But it must bee only for golems. Need some chek-trigger...

Level 21
the bug that gave the units other than the golems the transformation abilities is now fixed. the issue with units being able to pass through the obelisk will take some more time to figure out.(collision is set high enough.) if you find any more bugs please tell me about them. update: obelisk now blocks movement.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Level 3
first try to do command icons. Look nicely in my opinion =)
I want to try changed interface into the B&M style. When I finished to read material for it...

p\S I've tested unit limit - it's 100 uinits for 1 player =) After that your button for produce will blocked.

Attachments

• commands_icnons1.rar
    61.7 KB · Views: 34
  • limit100.JPG
    limit100.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 21
the buttons are now added but they could perhaps use some more color.(disabled versions is missing though.) i am trying to get the gameplay ported as well as possible but that doesnt mean that all buttons have to be colored the same. some graphical improvements is ok. the unit limit was likely because of memory limitations. if however the same problem happens in my map i might add a unit limit.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Level 3
Hmm.. I just had idea for unique style for buttons like in original B&M...but maybe in future versions we would use one color for command-buttons and other for magic skills...I think it's will actually later when we will search unique icons for unit's abilityes..
Here upgrade puck of button icons. Now it all has DISBTN versions (dont forget - DISBTN icons for correct work always must has a path "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\iconname...")

And now I added transformation icon (maybe it will useful later...) and ability icon (that stange symbol from gnome\wrath\paladin=)).

DISBTN versions very dark, but in game it will normal. And suddenly I've got a idea - maybe for DISBTN version use not just a dark version but this green symbol from original?

Attachments

• ButtonBM.rar
    130.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DISBTN.jpg
    DISBTN.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 109
Level 21
that thing you posted an image for would work well. i am planning on adding the wyrm and the nymph when i get some models that is at least partially useful. i also need a gnome model. i also have a 4 player version of this project that i might upload some day but currently it needs to be updated with the updated triggers so it isnt ready.

Level 21
here is a new fix to make the obelisk respond to orders and keep its item while transforming into basal golems, like it works in the real game when an obelisk is given an order. you should expect a bigger update tomorrow. (i intend to complete the armor and attack system.)

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Level 21
here is the weekly update. i have fixed most of the armor and attack system and i have also fixed the fury so, now it should be locked in an attack order when it is ordered to attack. i couldnt however test it because warcraft 3 have broken down again but, i have checked that things look correct in the editor.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Level 3
Ok! Will see it tonight!=) I thinking about concept of game panel now)
I've just see latest map. Found a funny bag: if golem will try to transform into the fury under attack another fury - he will transformed into the fury immedeatly. In this version fury can be healed by paladin, but it's wrong. And fury must be without inventory. But model for fury perfect! It's very like in the original BM fury. Some problem with death animation (very slow). What about attack-defense system? I think it still not working. Most attacks deal a 1-2 damage...Maybe it will more simple like passive ability "reduced damage"?
Old bag - golems still enable to transform into creatures after building destroy.

P\S Start working with interface panel. I want to do all panel like right-lower side style...

Attachments

• WC3.jpg
    WC3.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 21
i will certainly fix the bugs you have reported but, i am currently trying to fix a bug in the unit creation system. the fury have inventory because it have that in blood and magic.(i will most likely give it a special inventory that prevents the use of items.) the healing issue i will fix however. i will fix all bugs but for the time being the most recent version is at the bottom of this topic: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/i-need-help-illogical-bug-247699-new/

Level 21
i finally fixed the bugs in the unit creation system but with the rate this map corrupts i cant tell for sure if it will last. i worked all day on this issue so you better be grateful. the fury should be unhealable but i havent tested it.(set it to mechanical.)

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
Level 3
Hmmm..corrupted? What you mean? I found more some missed: the unit after transformation always must has full hp. But in tha map - unit has bound life with metapod

Status
Not open for further replies.