• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bizarre Glitch - Overlapping Cannon Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was working on my project and playing with the tilesets, and when I changed a few tiles (which did NOT change pathing anywhere that would remove any units, I made sure of that), it caused one of the cannon towers linked with triggers to get deleted, so naturally the popup message appeared giving an object ID's deletion leading to a trigger being disabled. That's totally fine.

The glitch is that there were TWO cannon towers stacked on top of each other with IDENTICAL object IDs. (They are both called gg_unit_hctw_0023!!) I got screens to prove this.

I was able to simply click and move one over, and confirm that their object IDs are identical. Despite one of them existing... if I delete one, the functions within that trigger still get disabled when I delete either of them...

Weird!! I wonder, could the existence of this anomaly lead to the random crashes I experienced??

Attachments

• StackedTower1.jpg
    StackedTower1.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 30
  • StackedTower2.jpg
    StackedTower2.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 45
  • StackedTowers.jpg
    StackedTowers.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.