• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bizarre error + tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i was making my ORPG (and that's the third time it happens) and then all of a sudden ALL THE TRIGGERS STOP WORKING EVEN THOSE WHICH WERE ALREADY WORKING 100%, well when i was making a spell test and stuff like that at another map (just an empty map for the tests) i got a theory: should it be why i click at the test button a lot?? cuz it really always happened when i tried to make a test... so i'd like to know the oppinion of u guys of why is that happening to me =/?
and i'd like to know if anyone here know how to do a multiple inventory, my idea was making another hero, that is a dummy unit, and then it would have the parts of the equipments, and the effect of the equipments does affect directly to the real hero, do u know how to do this?? (kinda making 2 dummy heros, to use the equipments and have the effects at the main character, to have 12 slots for equips)
and last, but not least, how to make a region spawn mobs randomly when some player enter in it, and the spawn keep increasing if more heros enter there?
btw, i'm really bad at JASS, unfortunately T_T

EDIT: oh and i'd like to know how to do something like: if X unit, get 200+ strenght, add ability to him, and how to make a stats system, whitout using wood/gold =/... something like 1 level u get 3 stat point to give to ur hero as u wish, i thought about a private store that replenishes the stock when the hero get a level (the stock with 3 stat points), but how to make when u spend 1 point at a stat, reduce the number of available stats at others??

Level 3
that's what i'm gonna try... but really it wasn't anything i done cuz all the times it happens, if i delete all the triggers and try to re-do them they still don't work (none of'em)

Level 3
  • Bandit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Bandit
    • Actions
      • Wait 20.00 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Replace (Dying unit) with a Bandit using The new unit's default life and mana
this is one of the basic replacement trigger that i made... it was working 100% b4 all the triggers bug

this is a drop trigger...
  • Brigand Drop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Brigand
    • Actions
      • Set A_Brigand_Drop[0] = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • A_Brigand_Drop[0] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Create Poisoned Spear at (Position of (Dying unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • A_Brigand_Drop[0] Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Create Studded Shield at (Position of (Dying unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
and EVEN this one doesn't work...
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
(the last was just a test to see if it bugged all triggers including new ones... not just the olds, and it did)
well i just thought: may it be a "Enhance Map" bug from the WEU?

Level 5
Yeah, WEU has some bugs. That's why I stopped using it. It's a brilliant tool, yes. But it leaks a lot.

Level 3
unfortunately i really NEED the enhancement with tilesets... does it work at normal WE? =/
something like enhancing the map and then trying to use the enhanced features at normal WE, or at another tool for map editing if u know one that could help me...

Level 6
Wait 20.00 game-time seconds
Unit - Replace (Dying unit) with a Bandit...

this is one of the basic replacement trigger that i made... it was working 100% b4 all the triggers bug

i hope your other triggers aren't like this one. (dying unit) and most other functions can not be used after a wait as they will most likely lose their value (in your case some other unit may die during those 20s).

generally, you have two options:
  1. use (triggering unit) - that functions is one of the rare exceptions to the rule above
  2. before the wait save everything in local variables (or global variables dedicated just to that purpose if this thigger can't run again during the wait), then wait, then carry on...

Level 3
the fact is that it was working fine even if i kill more mobs in that time... b4 the bug of course

Status
Not open for further replies.