• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best version for campaign / singleplayer?

Level 1
Hi there!
Please, advice which version is the most stable / has least bugs for playing only campaign / singleplayer? I hesitate between 1.26a 1.27b and 1.31. I have heard that 1.31 has some serious bugs in campaign.
PS widescreen support is not important

@Daffa thanks for your reply. I meant the official campaign in classic w3. Any specific reason why you recommend 1.26 over 1.27 or 1.31?
Well, that patch is one of the most stable patch as far as I am aware. However, @raypack has a better point since the campaign is crafted with 1.00 and 1.07 in mind.

Level 29
I'm pointing out that NOT all versions of the Warcraft 3 are bug-free for both campaigns and custom/melee games. Sticking to non-patched versions of the game (1.00 for ROC or 1.07 for TFT) is recommended if you want single-player campaigns, although you won't be able to play Act 2 and Act 3 of the Bonus Orc Campaign, which was added in the latest patches. There is a thread already if you want to learn detailed information about the differences between the vanilla and the later version's campaign features (currently it's for the ROC 1.00; maybe, they will add changes between TFT 1.07 and later versions):

Also, if you want to use 1.26, you might still run up to constant game crashes, which is mainly due to the sort of computer hacking:

Asking about serious bugs in 1.31.1, it shouldn't be questioned here. Almost all triggers, generally Unit-Specific Events, will be disabled if you attempt to load your previous saves, resulting in a significant changes relating to the gameplay. Also, if you try to return back to the main menu after completing the specific chapters (or even custom games) by clicking on "OK" during the post-game screen, the game will completely "lock-up" with the troublesome black screen loop, which will never be fixed.