• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Talent Tree for Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Which talent tree do you think is the best for each class.

To get things started I'l post my own thoughts.

Warrior: Protection -- I like to run instances and arms/fury are pretty usless at that.
Druid: Balance -- Owls are just cool. Plus they do good dps.
Shaman: Enhancement -- My shaman is enhancement so i'm pretty bias. Stormstrike is also pretty cool.
Priest: Shadow -- There dps is off the charts! Also I have a 64 shadow priest which can fend off two alliance (so long as there around my level) making OL very fun!
Paladin: Holy -- I personnaly like shockadins.
Mage: Frost -- Fire mages are a whole lot easier to beat in pvp (I main an enhancment shaman so goodluck getting a pyroblast past my earthshock) then frost mages, and frost are more durable (ice shield, elemental, so on).
Warlock: IDK -- There all good... I kinda like affliction for the DoT.... But I have little warlock expirience.
Hunter: Survival -- WTF HUNT@RD! Well, actually survival hunters are just harder to play (imo) but pay off more once you're good with them (arena wise).

Go ahead and post your thoughts about which talent tree you think is best, or bash me for my crappy thoughts, idc.

Level 22
I noticed you picked all the "PvP specs" for each class....

Just depends what you want to do with that class- raid or PvP. For example, I play a Paladin...If I want to raid, I'd best be holy or prot since healers and tanks are always needed. If I wanted to PvP, I'd want to go retribution. Trying to raid as ret or PvP as holy only leads to disasters.

Or even dedicated DPS classes like hunters. If you want to raid, its best to go Marksman, if you want to PvP, Survival spec lives up to its name.
-VGsatomi

Level 7
I noticed you picked all the "PvP specs" for each class....

Just depends what you want to do with that class- raid or PvP. For example, I play a Paladin...If I want to raid, I'd best be holy or prot since healers and tanks are always needed. If I wanted to PvP, I'd want to go retribution. Trying to raid as ret or PvP as holy only leads to disasters.

Or even dedicated DPS classes like hunters. If you want to raid, its best to go Marksman, if you want to PvP, Survival spec lives up to its name.
-VGsatomi

Thanks for the feedback! And yah, I like to pvp.

Level 36
Warrior: Fury. For PVP even, I think it's better than arms. Go ahead and disagree with me, but I can beat almost any arena team I come across.

Rogue: Subtlety. I like sneaking around! :)

Druid: Feral. Loads of survivability and bear charge is wonderful :D

Mage: Arcane+Fire. Screw frost, instant pyroblast critting for 3000 is much better IMHO.

Warlock: Destruction... drain tanking is cheap...

Hunter: Marksmanship. You know it's true.

Priest: Discipline and holy I think, I can't get enough of mana burn! So awesome...

Shaman: I don't know. Probably elemental for the nukes!

Paladin: Prot. It's fun to never die! ^.^

Level 7
Gotta' disagree with you on the warrior thing. Mortal Strike warriors (arms... kinda) are a lot harder to take down with my enhancement shaman then fury warrriors... I mean, they both are pretty easy but mortal stike really hurts with the 50% reduction to heals.

MM for hunters is pretty bad... I mean there ok if you suck at hutners and need to take the easy way out, but the real pros go survival.

For mage you brought up a great point, but how often do you actually get pyros off? Once every 3 milleniums maybe? 'Specially when you have a shaman against you (earthshock ftw!).

And for the druid... Surviviability? Feral druids (bear specced) only go as far as off tanks in higher up raids... And prot warriors take a million times longer to kill, feral druids also dont have parry... And bearform kinda blows imo...

Anyways thanks for the feedback everyone! Hope to see more!

Level 22
For mage you brought up a great point, but how often do you actually get pyros off? Once every 3 milleniums maybe? 'Specially when you have a shaman against you (earthshock ftw!).

Presence of Mind. A.k.a. the unbroken IWIN button. That, followed with a fireblast, cone of cold or any other sequence of instant cast spells will basically kill a player before they can even get an attack off.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
okay, long time since i played WoW, but here were mine when i stopped playing

Paladin - Holy : not too offensive and not too defensive in my oppinion :p
Hunter - Survival : Teh Reset Cooldown FTW
Mage - Arcane : Trust me, it works(worked?)
Warrior - Arms : Mortal Strike is my friend
Warlock - Destruction : I was more of a "Hey, i have heavy hit spells" than a "look at my demon, its EPIC" or "DoT, DoT, DoT, run away"
Druid - Restoration : Heal, heal, heal, travel form, heal, heal, heal....
Shaman - Fury : Cant remember, it just was my favorite :p
Rouge - Stealth : I would rather have a sure survival than a sure kill :p
Priest - Disicpline : Not too much healing and not too much damaging

Last edited:
Level 7
Shaman - Fury : Cant remember, it just was my favorite :p
Rouge - Stealth : I would rather have a sure survival than a sure kill :p

Ummm.... good feedback except fury isn't a shaman talent tree and stealth talent tree doesnt exist... You were probably thinking of enhancment for shaman and subtlety for rogue.

Level 17
Rogue - Mutilate - DW Spec. / Combat Swords.

Hunter - Never played anyone. I tend to hate BM.

Warrior - MORTAL STRIKE!!!1

Shaman - Elemental / Restoration

Priest - Holy

Paladin - Holy

Warlock - Fel Guard

Druid - Restoration.

Lol wut?

Prot pallies ftw. Bring it on Fury warriors, kick your arse any day. Dodge, block, block, parry, hit - 100dmg, block, block, dead warrior. And you getta say "prot pallies" to the tune from the hot pockets commercial when they are like "Hot pockets!"

Go pallies

I met a prot pally in a BG once, 5 people were like attacking him. He killed us all with around 15% of his HP remaining (He used LoH)

Status
Not open for further replies.