• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Battle System changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello.

Now, I'm fairly certain this is the right place for this inquiry, if not, I sincerely apologize, and request it be moved to the appropriate section.

Now, I'm using Redscores' RBB (Round-Based-Battle) System. Or rather, I want to. Problem is, I can't get it to do what I want. I have spoken with Redscores and he has told me that in order for it to do what I want, I'd have to just about completely revamp the system, since it wasn't designed to work the way I want it.

Here's the deal. I know pretty well how to use the system. I am just not sure how to fix this to how I need it. What it does currently is has a zone set up where the heroes battle the enemies. Problem is, it's set up so that there's up to 5 heroes, one (1) for each player. It cannot be set up (at least, I couldn't figure out how) to be for 1 Player (Red) with up to three (3) heroes. Mind you, there's more than 3 heroes in the game, and they are interchangeable as the game goes on (and eventually chosen by the player him/herself), so it needs to be able to support 5+ heroes, just only 3 in battle at a time. :)

I have frankly destroyed the system in my attempts to modify it in this regard, causing me to have to re-download it and start from scratch. Now I wish to see if anyone else could possibly set this up, since I cannot figure it out.

I would post the triggers themselves, but... I think 30 is a bit too many to post here. If you would indeed like to see them posted here, I could, though. Just let me know. The link to the system is above.

I would very much appreciate help for this, seeing as this is/has been the biggest obstacle in releasing the demo of my campaign. I do, of course, abide by my signature. And furthermore, you will be credited for your work. :)

Level 12
That's an attack system, not the battle system itself, Def.

It's going to be injected into this system, which is why i need this system fixed before I can even truly test the LoD system McKill made.

Although, I checked it out and there's a LOT of leaks in the LoD system.

Level 33
Leaks are meant to be cleaned
You can clean them yourself OR ask others to clean it for you
It's not a problem
Since the BASE IDEA (trigger) has been made
He's taking SERIOUSLY making that trigger dude, trust me...
Don't put his efforts to waste~

Level 12
Again, the LoD system is one part of a whole. The core of the whole is this RBB system.

Level 12
Way to double-post the same message, Def, LOL.

And yeah, Red is one of those people who won't go out of their way to do something for another person if he's laid down the groundwork for em.

I don't blame him, I completely understand where he is coming from, I played WoW for 6 years, and the last couple years I was pretty much the server guru on anything Shaman, (all but priest) healing, and (Warrior) tanking. I used to be like that a bit. I'd give a detailed answer to a question, and when someone would want me to do something for them, I'd get agitated and tell them to do it themselves, to learn, lol.

Anyway, he created the system a while back, and he's busy so he won't look through it and even try to see where it could be changed.

That's what I want. I want someone to sift through and compile a list of things in the code that need to be changed to make this work for one player with multiple heroes. I tried to pause/unpause, but that doesn't work because it is set up for player instead of unit... And I'm not sure how to go about changing that all over, ><

Level 9
I took a brief look over that system, and i have an idea how to achieve the goal you want... Modding it right now, gotta edit this post when i'm done.

It's basically very simple. I didn't make many changes, only in Setup and NextUnit triggers. Hopefully it works, havent tested it as i don't have much time right now

Attachments

• RBB-System V1.04.w3x
    56.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 12
Thank you very much, mate. I'll test it after I eat. And will edit this post with the results, :)

Level 9
I've tested it for a while, my modification seems to work, just found a minor bug; add the following in NextUnit trigger:
  • Selection - Clear selection for (Owner of RBB_Units[RBB_RoundCount])
right before
  • Selection - Add RBB_Units[RBB_RoundCount] to selection for (Owner of RBB_Units[RBB_RoundCount])

Level 12
It works great, except for one bug. The same bug I ran into when I tried to do this.

You can click on another unit who's turn it isn't (The ones without the arrow), and attack with one of them instead, if you so wanted.

I can attack with the third unit when it's the first unit's turn, if I wanted. In fact, I could attack with the same unit three times in a turn if I really wanted to.

That's the only problem I found, which needs to be fixed. Otherwise, it works great!

Level 5
It works great, except for one bug. The same bug I ran into when I tried to do this.

You can click on another unit who's turn it isn't (The ones without the arrow), and attack with one of them instead, if you so wanted.

I can attack with the third unit when it's the first unit's turn, if I wanted. In fact, I could attack with the same unit three times in a turn if I really wanted to.

That's the only problem I found, which needs to be fixed. Otherwise, it works great!

Hmm...maybe save the unit which turn is it to a variable and the player who's turn is it and then make a trigger whenever a Player 1, 2 ,3 ect. selects a unit, clear the selection and display a message It's not this unit's turn, select the unit with the arrow. Here:

• Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
    • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
    • ect.
  • Conditions
    • (Triggering unit) Not equal to (Your unit)
    • (Triggering player) Equal to Your Player
  • Actions
    • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
    • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: It's not that unit'...
If it's only when in a certain area, then just put:
  • ((Your Region) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
the condition. Hope it helps:)

Level 12
It has nothing to do with players 2-5. ONLY player 1. Single-player campaign map. Anything that's not Player 1 is useless, and it defeats the purpose.

EDIT: My apologies. This was quite rudely written.

Last edited:
Level 9
You can use the following action:
  • Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
You can also mess with pre- and drag-selection, if you want to make preselection circles invisible.

Just remember to enable it after the battle

Level 12
You can use the following action:
  • Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
You can also mess with pre- and drag-selection, if you want to make preselection circles invisible.

Just remember to enable it after the battle

Where do I put that, and what does it do? I'm guessing that makes it so you can't select units.

EDIT: Actually, I thought about it, and I think I know where to put it, lol. So I'll test it.
EDIT2: It worked perfectly. Thank you, mate. Now I can use this. :D

Also, I apologize for my previous post. I realize now that it came off as very rude. But what he was telling me to do was basically reset the system to it's default.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.