• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net Game Lobby - Players start as Zerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hello there, so I have setup all players in a custom map to be Terrans, in the player properties tab. Everything works great when I test it from the map Editor, every player spawns as Terran.
I've set that people should not be able to select a race in the lobby and that Terran should be the locked race.
However..

When using the Battle.net lobby,
I spawn as Zerg, my ui is Zerg and all the sounds are Zergish, I can see in the lobby too on my allies "build order" that they are Zerg too.

Any fine way of forcing players to be Terran in the lobby and removing the "build order" from computer players?
:)

EDIT: I can add in that player colours are also randomised, even as they are set to be locked and hidden.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yeh this seems to be affecting Undead Assault III as well... It is not the map but something the HotS editor is doing.

The quickest solution I can think of is to "Destroy the Zerg". By this I mean hard-copying all Terran properties onto the zerg race so that even though the player is Zerg for a silly reason they still load as something equivalent to being Terran (no difference).

I do agree that this is not a perfect solution (more of a hacky workaround) but it should be quick enough to do to maintain map quality.

A possible cause is the change from default race being Terran (WoL) to Zerg (HotS). This is really a shot in the dark but it is interesting that out of all the races that could be chosen it happens to be choosing the new focus race since the HotS editor went live (which happened before HotS did and affects everyone, even if they have not brought HotS).

Level 25
I wouldn't want to do that, as I have a few maps with Zerg and Protoss users too.
I read around a bit, and apparently Player properties is only used to set the control of a player, the rest is handled in the game variants menu.. In there you can select which colour and race they can't pick..

Brb testing!

And yeah, it's a bit funny that you can open the heart of the swarm maps in the editor without owning Heart of the Swarm.
Edit: The moment of truth!
Lobby.jpg

So yeah, I have protoss that can build banelings..

Terran%20with%20Zerg%20UI.jpg

Or not. Sure, I can still build terran buildings and everything.. But it kinda takes away the atmosphere when my SCVs make drone sounds and the Queen tells me I need more overlords.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.