• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Battle in Between

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A quick Q and A
-When did i make this map?
Back In 2011 i found this lying on my Local RAM

-When was it last updated?
Back in 2011....

-Did anyone help you in this?
Nope

This map is a basic custom,back then me and my friends use to play on this
map my friends enjoyed it back in the day so might aswell spread it here.
Objective:Destroy the enemy team,it's that simple
Tileset:Barrens

Features
-2 Expansion gold mines (4 in total)
-5 Green creep camps
-4 Orange creep camps
-1 Red creep camp
-1 Unprotected tavern
-1 Fountain of health
-1 Mercenary camp
-1 Goblin laboratory
-1 Goblin merchant

Hint
-Added a Secret Area only accessable via Zeppelin

Changelog

1.1 Map Released

Author's Notes

Map is not protected
do not edit anything without my permission

-Sorry about the description still trying hard to sort of make it work does not seem to work for me.
-Going to be inactive for a while going to check on things with my mobile phone so until i come back i'l leave this up
Contents

Battle in Between (Map)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Jun 2013 Orcnet: my comment
Level 29
my review.
with all respect im not shure why this is an altered melee and not a normal melee.
Because the Ilidan level 10 in a cliff with Naisha?? That part not only i dont get the meaning, it bites game play for your map.

even if is an altered melee, i have a proverb, a map should be approved as melee first and then upgrade to altered melee

things to improve
1-terrain is worked, but some areas can have more hand.
2-you used doodads, but i think it need more doodads, in my opinion barrens is one of the more hard to doodad, but there doodads you didnt use for example the wall in ruins or the curve wall in ruins, one of my favorites for this map, the lordaeron grass fit well in this kind of map if you change the color in the objet editor wise ( know because i have been asked to doodad a barrens map), also if you see my map "When there is no sunlight", you can learn in that map how to create corpses, a storm wyrm corpse fit well here.(to do it copy a destructible like a lever and change the model, put the dead lever and wala)
3-more tile use, 98.5 % of the map is desert tile
4-loot system needs work, you should use random objets to give more diversity to the play
5-player red base is more confortable than blue, and player blue is not active to be play,you should check the player properties to enable blue player use
6-neutral buildings are unbalanced, shop and tavern are near red player
7-the simetry, player blue can access the center more fast than red player.
8-creeps should be in camp mode, but is a minor sugestion
9-if you mix tauren huts, centaur huts and harpy huts, change the name because mix the huts of that races has no scence.
10-the name of the map is a bad grammar use, because between is a preposition.
Battle in between... between what??... Battle between rivals

ten things i spoted... i vote for keep working(pending), i like the idea of the map as melee, but it needs more execution
see ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
you are one of the kind that likes reviewing maps but have almost no idea how to make one.. no offense ..let's begin with the review

- 1 >> 10 - all what abgm said

i'll just add one major thing... the map is a 1 player no other player can be added, so no game at all << this thing just gave you a rating of:

225233-albums6523-picture70791.jpg

Sorry but at least make it playable for 2 and improve the thing abgm said so it can get at least he 3/5 or 2

EDIT, Sorry but I refined the map to make it reach the basic stat:

Attachments

• Between 1.2.w3x
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 30
@DotCa

Reviewing and Playing maps are two different things. Reviewing is easy because you will just have to say out your observation in your game and that only requires common skills. While making maps require mastery or skills in WE so please do not comment those kind of things, it really offends the creator and also you are not even helping or motvating him but the opposite.

@Hedeos

BTW, Hedeos, here is my review but sadly, I will have to agree that you have to improve this. Its a melee but there is only 1 player set into it and is unplayable. Here is my review:

Good Points:

Bad Points:

Suggestions:

• Terrain looks decent but you have some problems such as you should mix tiles to add more beauty in it, it is also empty and no traces of doodads cant be seen much but only trees.
  • As far as I can see, map has required resources.
  • Creeps were not balanced or put well. The other player has more creeps to hunt whle the other has only few.
  • There is no victory condition set, you must have remove the Melee Trigger. I suggest you restore it because it is needed in Melee maps.
  • Buildings some are lightly guarded while some are heavly guarded. Just some note, fountains should not be heavily guarded.
  • It is only available for Single Player. Add 1 more player so it can become 1v1
  • You should give more time to its terrain as it is vitally needed for a melee map to be attractive not just in the apsects of what a melee is but how the environment is beautiful.
  • Balanced out the creeps. Put balanced creeps in each of the positions of the payers.
  • Restore your Melee Map trigger because it misses all of the requirements of a melee. Additional tip, if you are using Wc3 World Editor, you can see in the bottom right if your map is Melee or no it will display something like Melee Map: Yes or No. Take that as a guideline.
  • Add one more player for this to become 1v1

Overall, this melee map needs more work sadly and this is not even considered one because it doesnt have the required players, no melee setup tiggers in it and such. Rated 1/5 and voting for Pending until big improvements were done.

But cheer up bro, you can do it! :cgrin:

Level 30
Actually the map is not an Altered Melee, its more based on the Melee standards, I suggest you add another player to make this map a 1v1 not a single player only.

Terrain needs more impact to the barren world give it more dessert/oasis like theme for a realistic view.

Right now map is very simple and lacking, do please read useful tutorials about melee maps and help among others, keep practicing its a worth while time.

Level 16
@Hellmaster

yes i know, a review takes 2 mins to be written and depends on the map to be tested while map making can go up to 2 years of work (2 mins>2 years)

@abgm

I'll reformulate; you are the kind of people that makes great review but needs to work more in map making
Seriously there are a lot of people like this
The map, i edited i just to make it playable, not a 1v0 and added tiles that's it and because he said he will be off for a while...