• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrel Roll animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on an animation to make my spaceship do a barrel roll, but I've run into some kind of a glitch. While the barrel roll works fine on the gmax playback, it does not when imported to WC3. Instead of spinning correctly, the model spins to double speed and than spins again in the opposite direction. Does anyone know how to fix this?

u have to to split the 360° into parts, because otherwise if u do a start key,then the endkey and let max do all the work in between these keys its going to produce errors not knowing how to rotate properly...
Do it like this:
StartKey (at frame 0) (ship horizontal)
Key 1 (at frame 33) (ship rolled a third)
Key 2 (at frame 66) (ship rolled two thirds)
EndKey (at frame 100) (ship horizontal again)

Though the total animation doesnt neccessarily need to be 100 frames long, can be longer or shorter, jsut as you please!

Level 3
All right, I added a few more keys between the start and end of the animation, and now it works properly, tyvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.