• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrel Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Simple question: How do i get it so when a unit kills an explosive barrel an area around the barrel take X amount of damage? plz help.

Level 9
  • Events
    • Destructible - No destructible dies
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of No destructible)) and do (Unit - Cause No unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
That picks every unit within 512 radius of the destructible and deals 500 damage to them, from no unit.

EDIT: Got the trigger thing to work.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Rui
Level 7
Thnks guys I got it to work. Aprreciated. +Rep

Wait, with your trigger does the barrel of explosions have to be a unit? Cause i dont no what to fill the no unit in with... because the only thing i could find that would work would be triggering unit.. .but a destructbile isnt a unit and they cant deal damage... please help :/

Last edited:
Level 7
Yah but the 'no unit' needs to be filled right? what do i put there? and im questioning if it will work because destructibles cant deal damage... sooo... HELP ME

Level 10
Just put in Conditions

Destructible blah blah blah Equal to Barrel of explosives

And in the action where its no destructible put

Units in 512.000 of (Dying unit)

Use (Dying unit)

Oh wait... would that work with a destrucible...

If it doesnt do Units matching Condition Destructible equal to Barrel of explosives.

And if that doesnt work make the Explosive barrel a Neutral Unit with 0 movement speed (not a building).

Level 6
I follow you. You put a Destructible in it, or a Destructible variable. Just press it, then click on any destructible on the map. Or, make a variable, and assign it to a destructo you create through triggers.

You can simply create a dummy, order "last created unit" to damage the area, and then remove "last created unit" from the game??

Level 5
The easiest way for me to do this would just make a unit with the same model as the destructable.

The unit would need

NO
  • Movement
  • turn rate
  • And
  • combat attack
Also how would the destructable die? Is it like a barrel or a tree or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.