• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Azeroth: Fires of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I finished Undercity and the Forsaken Buildings but the units will take a little longer. Any ideas for units, so far I got a footman, archer, Abomination, Plauge Doctor (replacement for priest), Banshee, and gargoyle. I'm out of ideas and I would like to have around 10 units for this faction.

And Plague Wagon.

Level 5
Dark rangers are going to be the elite unit for this faction. as for the rest lets home I can find models.

Found a couple of good models. now there will be a skeleton horse rider guy, and also a undead shadow priest.

Level 19
Dark rangers are going to be the elite unit for this faction. as for the rest lets home I can find models.

Found a couple of good models. now there will be a skeleton horse rider guy, and also a undead shadow priest.
Cool! Forsaken is my favorite faction.

Just my personal opinion but I thought the original versions were better.
I like them too.

Level 24
Dark rangers pretty much have to be in it though since they are so iconic to the forsaken.

Level 5
Dark rangers pretty much have to be in it though since they are so iconic to the forsaken.

Would you like them to be archers or dual dagger (custom model I found)? also I got a custom model for The Banshee Queen.
Also they will have a summon spider ability. same will go for the blood elf Farstriders, except they will summon Lynxes (Not sure if that is spelled right).

I've also started work on specializations for these 3 factions. For Blood Elves there will be Strength of the Sun (or Blood, since adds Blood Knights) (Melee bonuses), Insert Title Here (no name yet, but focuses on rangers and Farstriders, and Strength of the Phoenix (Magical bonuses, replaces swordsman with spellbreakers with magic damage.

Every faction starts with one recruit able elite unit (limits of 4, 6, 8, or 12 depending on how good they are) and each faction has 3 specializations, One will improve the starting Elite unit and the other two will add a new elite unit and all specializations will either replace or upgrade regular units.

Last edited:
Level 24
Would you like them to be archers or dual dagger (custom model I found)?

Archers. seems the most faithful to Sylvanas since she's their icon.

also I got a custom model for The Banshee Queen.
Also they will have a summon spider ability. same will go for the blood elf Farstriders, except they will summon Lynxes (Not sure if that is spelled right).

Sounds great they, along with Sylvanas should probably have an ability called banshee scream. One of Sylvanas' most iconic moments is when Vereesa Windrunner betrays her and she in frustration uses her banshee-scream to slaughter everyone in the room.

I've also started work on specializations for these 3 factions. For Blood Elves there will be Strength of the Sun (or Blood, since adds Blood Knights) (Melee bonuses), Insert Title Here (no name yet, but focuses on rangers and Farstriders, and Strength of the Phoenix (Magical bonuses, replaces swordsman with spellbreakers with magic damage.

I don't know, if it focuses on rangers and farstriders all under the command of Halduron you might want to call it "Halduron's spear", "Legacy of the Windrunners", "The arrow's might" or something like that.

Every faction starts with one recruit able elite unit (limits of 4, 6, 8, or 12 depending on how good they are) and each faction has 3 specializations, One will improve the starting Elite unit and the other two will add a new elite unit and all specializations will either replace or upgrade regular units.

Sounds fantastic.

Level 5
Sounds great they, along with Sylvanas should probably have an ability called banshee scream. One of Sylvanas' most iconic moments is when Vereesa Windrunner betrays her and she in frustration uses her banshee-scream to slaughter everyone in the room.

Sylvanas' ultimate will be Banshee Scream (mass AOE, tons of damage, stuns everyone for few seconds.) thanks for the idea.

Level 24
Sylvanas' ultimate will be Banshee Scream (mass AOE, tons of damage, stuns everyone for few seconds.) thanks for the idea.

Glad to help I was thinking about Dalaran, I suggested that if you made it possible for humans and blood elves to take the city that you'd add a hero for them Rhonin for humans and Aethas for blood elves. How about a third faction, what if the forsaken could take the city and that way have all of the eastern kingdoms (aside from the dwarves) combat for a foot-hold on Northrend. And if the forsaken takes Dalaran Sylvanas will get the ranger general of the Silver Covenant, Vereesa Windrunner under her command. A Windrunner reunion has been the top one requested lore feature since Vanilla WoW.

Level 5
Glad to help I was thinking about Dalaran, I suggested that if you made it possible for humans and blood elves to take the city that you'd add a hero for them Rhonin for humans and Aethas for blood elves. How about a third faction, what if the forsaken could take the city and that way have all of the eastern kingdoms (aside from the dwarves) combat for a foot-hold on Northrend. And if the forsaken takes Dalaran Sylvanas will get the ranger general of the Silver Covenant, Vereesa Windrunner under her command. A Windrunner reunion has been the top one requested lore feature since Vanilla WoW.

Interesting Idea. I'll put her in the game. Nice thing about how this map is since factions are optional you don't have to fight your neighbor right away, you can just rush places like the islands or Northrend.

There will be a bunch of little boss rooms around the map for good loot. Also there will be Demi Heros since there are just so many Heros I want in this map, and you can't have one faction with 10 heros.

Level 24
Interesting Idea. I'll put her in the game. Nice thing about how this map is since factions are optional you don't have to fight your neighbor right away, you can just rush places like the islands or Northrend.

There will be a bunch of little boss rooms around the map for good loot. Also there will be Demi Heros since there are just so many Heros I want in this map, and you can't have one faction with 10 heros.

Well you could through missions. Take the forsaken for instance lets say that if you take IceCrown Citadel and kill the Lich king then you could get Val'kyr units and the hero Annhylde the Caller. In turn if you take Dalaran you could acquire Vereesa Windrunner you could make it into a quest and call it "sisterly love" or something. If you've experience the Siege of Orgrimmar you'll also remember this line if Lor'Themar survives "I had kind of hoped you would perish, you would make a very attractive corpse." If he dies on the other hand she says this. "I can't wait to see his face when I animate his corpse." With that in mind you could make a quest called "You would make a very attractive corpse" where if you kill Lor'Themar and take Silvermoon you instead acquire him. Throw in a few references like that and you'll be good to go.

Ten might be stretching it though.

Level 24
I have a question. If Sylvanis was turned into a Banshee, were did she get the body?

I'm going to bed now so I just copy-pasted what it says on wowpedia,

"as Sylvanas lay dying after being impaled by Frostmourne, she told Arthas to finish her, saying she deserved a clean death. Having had to fight her every step of the way, Arthas responded by telling her the last thing he would give her was the peace of death. Moments after Sylvanas passed away into a comforting darkness, she felt agony unlike any she had ever known. Arthas ripped her soul back into the world and Sylvanas Windrunner became the first of the high elven banshees. She was able to give voice to her pain, and in so doing she would cause pain to others. Her body was flung onto a meatwagon, lost among the thousands more the Scourge had claimed, and would later be locked in an iron coffin as a further act of vengeance upon the Ranger General."

How she regained her body is not specified. But we do know that it happened prior to regaining free will and after the events in Dalaran. This in turn means that Arthas was probably in Kalimdor or was leaving for Kalimdor when she got her body back. Arthas does not seem surprised at all over the fact that Sylvanas has her old body back but considering how frustrated he was at Sylvanas I doubt he gave the order. My guess would be that Ner'Zhul gave the order to Kel'Thuzad while Arthas was not around to complain and though Frostmourne informed Arthas of what had transpired.

Level 5
I didn't know that I figured she just possessed one of the high elves she was forced to fight against or something.

Level 5
I'm putting this screenshot here before I go to bed to see what you guys say tomorrow.

Who do you think will win?
223190-albums8541-picture103578.png

Level 24
I didn't know that I figured she just possessed one of the high elves she was forced to fight against or something.

Seems unlikely for two reasons, her voice is immensely similar to her old voice after taking this which means that the construction of the throat, the size of the lungs and a few other factors need to be identical. In addition any other banshee in WCIII who possessed a body that wasn't their own inherited the voice of that creature. Second I doubt Arthas would be vengeful enough to not give her her old body but at the same time forgiving enough to give her almost an identical one.

I'm putting this screenshot here before I go to bed to see what you guys say tomorrow.

Who do you think will win?
223190-albums8541-picture103578.png

I have to vote for my home team, the blood elves, they've never failed me before.

Level 5
Yea the Blood Elves won. The superior ranged power and casters did so much damage, Even though the Vrykul units are about 50%-100% stronger then the Blood Elf units.
223190-albums8541-picture103596.png

Level 5
Nice, whoosh! :ogre_haosis:

Oh there are no siege units for Vry'kul?

There are no siege weapons for them but since just about every other race has some, maybe a catapult of giving there Mammoths (Because they are massive) Siege Damage.
Also the Balancing was much better this time and if I had the Val'kyr ability's done the Vrykul would have won. There were also two Vrykul ships against 4 Blood Elf ships. Vrykul won.
223190-albums8541-picture103597.png
223190-albums8541-picture103598.png

Level 5
Now that's awesome.
I also remembered are you gonna use the proto-drake land anim? Like the proto-drake can land and fly?

So any update for the forsaken?

As for the Proto Drake, I can try to make it change to land and do good melee damage. The Forsaken Units are done, I'm finishing the Heros right now and the screenshots of the units, buildings, and The Undercity will be up within a hour.

Screenshots are up.
223190-albums8541-picture103603.png
223190-albums8541-picture103602.png
223190-albums8541-picture103601.png

There is no Dark Ranger or other Elite Units made yet. They will be there when I Finish Specializations. Also which Faction next, Humans of Stormwind, Dwarves of Ironforge, The Horde, or Zandalari? I'm going to work on some Islands for now.

Last edited:
Level 19
Why use the Gilnean buildings? The Forsaken buildings is more Forsaken. Where is Master Apothecary Faranell? The Forsaken needs an Intelligence hero.

Nice Undercity, it just needs more sewer doodads and a blight fog wouldn't hurt too.

Zandalari would be interesting to see. :)

Level 5
Why use the Gilnean buildings? The Forsaken buildings is more Forsaken. Where is Master Apothecary Faranell? The Forsaken needs an Intelligence hero.

Nice Undercity, it just needs more sewer doodads and a blight fog wouldn't hurt too.

Zandalari would be interesting to see. :)

I'll add Faranell, and the reason I used the Gilnean buildings is that there were only 3 forsaken buildings. As for the Undercity, I'll add more sewer stuff and fog.

Also I'll start Zandalari soon.

Level 5
Also fog for Undercity was a great idea any other recommendations.

Say hello to the new and improved Forsaken Buildings.
223190-albums8541-picture103612.png

Last edited:
Level 5
Right know it just needs more undead doodads. :goblin_good_job:

Awesome! Is that a plague tower? Tell me that's a plague tower.

It is a plague tower although I will have to make the plague part. and I'm adding sewer pipes, and a few other things to Undercity. (some dark statues, maybe some corpses. I'll probably try to make each quarter unique.

Level 19
Apothecarium should have some frankenstein-like style. A place filled with vials, concoctions, boiling couldrons, some nightmarish experiments, cages, much like an old asylum.

I don't know much about Rogue's quarter though.

Level 5
Apothecarium should have some frankenstein-like style. A place filled with vials, concoctions, boiling couldrons, some nightmarish experiments, cages, much like an old asylum.

I don't know much about Rogue's quarter though.

Yea I usually play alliance and I never go to the Undercity on my Horde characters.

Level 5
I'm about done for today, tomorrow I'll finish the Forsaken. There will be a bat rider unit and the Intelligence hero guy.

Level 9
I think.. instead of Yogg Saron.. Old gods woyld be better and would include YoggSaron, Cthun and Slithid. ALSO it will include Naga so you have more space for factions..

Level 24
I think.. instead of Yogg Saron.. Old gods woyld be better and would include YoggSaron, Cthun and Slithid. ALSO it will include Naga so you have more space for factions..

That's a pretty bad idea if you desire to include Azshara. Also the point was to have the races of Kalimdor spread out, if we spread the Old Gods out that much then we'll only have two races fighting for Kalimdor. And the only other race native to southern Kalimdor are the Farrakki trolls. Not to mention that it would be a disservice to the Old Gods to make them as powerful as Skadi or Nathanos.

Level 9
Or.. at least make Slithus trainable by a specilization and replace Slithid with like the Bandits(Alterac Syndicate and Defiases, syuff like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.